Anyone switched to steel braided brake lines?

fattraxx

• Premium Member
I'm happy with the braking ability at the moment. I do use the back brake to reduce fork dive and add stopping power. I had to relearn this skill after a few years spoilt by linked brakes on the Super Tenere.

I don't like spending money unless it is really necessary so for me, I would only fit braided lines once the OE lines are past their best.

The best way to keep braking performance is to ensure the brakes are properly serviced. Change the fluid as specified and ensure the brake callipers are cleaned periodically.

Also, make sure the brake lever is properly adjusted and change that to increase your leverage if necessary.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

On my past bikes, my 2002 R6 and 2005 R6, I switched to braided lines because I did track days on both of them. The decreased brake fade and better feel was needed.

However, my FJ-09 will only be ridden on the street, and so far I have no complaints with the stock lines. They're sufficient for my needs.

Only brake upgrade I plan on doing in the future is switching to Motul RBF600, my go-to brake fluid.

Thinking about changing over to braided lines, I've had braided lines on other bikes and they did make a difference on the overall feel of the brakes. Anyone done this yet to the FJ? I've seen a couple of different offerings online for our bikes.
I've thought about installing braided lines and ceramic pads. Let us know what you select.  
STUFF EVERYTHING - I'VE ALWAYS GOT MY BIKE!

Archived