Wife Approval!!!

Guest eatpasta

Guest eatpasta
So I spent about 30 mins on the phone with my wife today and she gave me the green light.  I have an elaborate plan that requires nearly zero money out of our bank and maybe $500 that I have to make up somewhere but so what?
      I'm lookin to buy one in cash or at least put down a deposit within 8 weeks

gif-happy-dance.gif

but I got some stuff to sell now..... so anyone wanna buy an 09 FJR or a first gen Miata??

• Premium Member
So I spent about 30 mins on the phone with my wife today and she gave me the green light.  I have an elaborate plan that requires nearly zero money out of our bank and maybe $500 that I have to make up somewhere but so what?       I'm lookin to buy one in cash or at least put down a deposit within 8 weeks

gif-happy-dance.gif

but I got some stuff to sell now..... so anyone wanna buy an 09 FJR or a first gen Miata??

Congrats! That will be the longest 8 weeks of your life. 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest eatpasta
So I spent about 30 mins on the phone with my wife today and she gave me the green light.  I have an elaborate plan that requires nearly zero money out of our bank and maybe $500 that I have to make up somewhere but so what?       I'm lookin to buy one in cash or at least put down a deposit within 8 weeks

gif-happy-dance.gif

Congrats! That will be the longest 8 weeks of your life.
yeah well also I made the mistake of looking around to see what else I could afford with this money and there are so many things that are so tempting.  I could get at least three or four bikes that have been on my bucket list for a VERY long time such as the Agusta MV, Ducati 918, Guzzi Griso, Superhawk.....hell I probably could the Superhawk AND the Ducati for the money of a new new FJ - BUT I really need comfortable reliable transportation for my 100 mile commute and the FJ ticks all the boxes 

Congrats! I have wifey approval and saying no to be responsible is hard. I also want to pay cash for the FJ but I need a lil more time to save up that amount.

Like you eatpasta, I have a 100+ mile commute and in the warmer months a reliable two-wheeler is needed.

Guest eatpasta
Congrats! I have wifey approval and saying no to be responsible is hard. I also want to pay cash for the FJ but I need a lil more time to save up that amount.  
Like you eatpasta, I have a 100+ mile commute and in the warmer months a reliable two-wheeler is needed.
No better excuse is required! 
;)

maybe now that I can go buy one, it's time to actually go see one in person and see how it fits....

I did that last weekend when the International Moto show came to town. I really liked it and the wife liked the rear seat also. In only a minute she said it was much more roomy and comfortable than my Ninja 1000 we rode.

I probably spent 30 minutes sitting on it and looking it all over. Very nice ride.

Guest eatpasta
I probably spent 30 minutes sitting on it and looking it all over. Very nice ride.
Im sure the line of people waiting to sit on it were pleased about that 
:D

good to hear your wife liked it - we dont have a pillion review yet.  Maybe we can get a few going here soon.  Ill have my wife write one if/when I get mine.
    She's got 40 or 50k of pillion experience....mostly asleep but still

2143448-442bc6ffacba2d40_zps99497914.jpg

Guest eatpasta
Hahahahahah! That's awesome. Scary but awesome.
whenever we are on a trip, she always sleeps through the best part.....  
    we break camp, load the bike, and 45 mins under way she takes a 45 minute nap WITHOUT fail.  It got worse when we got the whole E52 topbox thing figured out becuase we put the sleeping bags on top of the topbox so she could rest her head back.... then it was all over

She sleeps like a baby.  BMW gel seat, cushy topbox and Elka suspension all combined sure help too

• Premium Member
My wife bought mine for me. Happy b-day! 
Banshee
Nice, now tell us all about it. Maybe in the Intro section. 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest eatpasta
I got the chance to finally sit on one and check it out a little on friday - but the dealership is so jammed packed full of bikes, I could hardly tip it off of the side stand!
All in all I Like it but there are certainly some funky things about it - not bad just funky.

Im heading out to Bert's tonight (which I recently discovered is the biggest motorcycle dealership in the world) because the sales guy I spoke to wants the FJR for someone else - so ill head out there to see at what they value the FJR and to get a better feel for the FJ....and to see it in Red.....

• Premium Member
I got the chance to finally sit on one and check it out a little on friday - but the dealership is so jammed packed full of bikes, I could hardly tip it off of the side stand! All in all I Like it but there are certainly some funky things about it - not bad just funky.

Im heading out to Bert's tonight (which I recently discovered is the biggest motorcycle dealership in the world) because the sales guy I spoke to wants the FJR for someone else - so ill head out there to see at what they value the FJR and to get a better feel for the FJ....and to see it in Red.....
I guess you have never been to Chapparral off the 215? About 3 times the real estate of Berts. I prefer local, as the Berts salesmen tend to be douches IMO. 
I liked the salesmen at Wheels In Motion (but they are closed on Saturday), and Semi Cycles (where I bought mine, since it was a Saturday). Good luck on the trade. You will love the FJ I promise.

Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived