Evening Ride up Palomar Mtn

mikem

I was in CA 3 years ago, my buddy trailed my Tuono to Rancho Mirage in the winter, he stayed there all winter and I flew out to ride with him.Palomar was awsome but riding it at night... good for you. 74 was a fun rode to SD county then back down into Anza -Borrego thru S2 ... S2 WAS AWESOME, I see some bike ad-videos on S2. Ortega highway was a nice lil rode too leading into PCH. I'm from NY so I had to see the Pacific

• Premium Member
Can't see your photo.

Below is a photo from March 2006 from Palomar. It's one of my favorite pictures.  I'm in the leathers and on the yellow bike way in the background. They shut down the road shortly after we got to the restaurant. CHP saw us and told us to get on ahead of them so we wouldn't get caught up in the caravan they were leading down the mountain.

So... CHP shut down Mount Palomar and told us to ride the road while it was empty!!! But it was too slick to have much fun.  That Daytona was brand new.  IIRC, it was its first long ride after break in.

3017449942_e120eda8ea_b.jpg

@jorider I rode up as it was getting dark, knowing it would be night when I got up. Among some friends we have a tradition of at least a couple nights per year, riding up palomar on a full moon. This wasn't a full moon but after doing a few of those runs, it's pretty comfortable without the light.

@1moreroad Fixed the photo, and great story/pic!

Archived