How to move the handlebar risers forward 10mm

ULEWZ

Here in Québec Canada, I'm wondering where I can find handlebar riser for my FJ. I looked at Parts Canada, Motovan, Kimpex, even in Gamma sales catalog but can't find anything....I would like to rise the bars 1 to 2 inchs max. Any advice someone?  Thank you!!
Rox Risers makes a few different ones. I bought http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rox-1-14-block-offset-risers-for-1-18-handlebars but the clutch cable is just a tad too tight for my taste so I purchased a longer one and am waiting before I install them. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
BikeMaster makes a kit that allows you to have 4 different riser settings from 1" - 1.5" This might be a great way to "dial-in" your bike incrementally. I am always wary of mods that don't have any flexibility/adjustability when having such is so simple to do. Not a bad price, either: $34 - woot!!

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bike-master-handlebar-risers

-CD-
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member
Now that is an outstanding "how to" post.  A pic of every step needed, instructions perfecto! 
Thank you!!

you're welcome.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Well i cant seem to align the wheel no matter what i do.... and since this ia major project doing i dont know what to anymore -.-
If you can't align the front wheel, then there are other issues at play. You will need to adjust the forks in the fork clamps. This is probably the easiest thing you will/can do on the FJay. Please post a picture of the misalignment.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Well i cant seem to align the wheel no matter what i do.... and since this ia major project doing i dont know what to anymore -.-
If you can't align the front wheel, then there are other issues at play. You will need to adjust the forks in the fork clamps. This is probably the easiest thing you will/can do on the FJay. Please post a picture of the misalignment.
How do i do that? the middle nut at the steering clamp? 
this is the steering.

2reqlfl.jpg

And the bike is new? Never been wrecked?

Put the bike on the center stand, jack up the front just enough to take the weight off, then loosen the upper and lower triple clamp bolts. "Align" the front end (having someone hold the front wheel helps, while you move the bars). Retorque the bolts, done.

Normally you do not have to loosen the steering stem nut under the handlebar that you took a picture of.

Skip

• Premium Member
And the bike is new? Never been wrecked? 
Put the bike on the center stand, jack up the front just enough to take the weight off, then loosen the upper and lower triple clamp bolts. "Align" the front end (having someone hold the front wheel helps, while you move the bars). Retorque the bolts, done.

Normally you do not have to loosen the steering stem nut under the handlebar that you took a picture of.

Skip

You should also loosen the axle just a bit.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
I was skeptical, but it did help with my back on my 300-400 trips.
8-)
2015 FJ-09, Red/Black, Hard Sidecases, Rear Rack with 39L & 50L Top Case, Tank bag with GPS cover. Comfort seat, Now Corban seat, Givi Crash Bars/Sidestand Foot/Sport Touring Windshield, Rad protector, Blaster-x taillight/flasher, HighTechSpeed Proton FZ6R flushmounts (Front) & X-Arc (Rear) additional turn signals & markers, Fender Eliminator/LED plate light. CF fenders/Front extenstion, chain protector and frame filler. Akra Ti exhaust. FTECU with Akro open tune.

Archived