seat adjustment question..??

madsquabbles

Just picked up the fj this week and was looking at the seat adjustment option.  From what I can tell when its adjusted to the higher position it seems a little loose.  Am I doing something wrong maybe?  It appears to be higher and close the "gap" on the black plastic on the front of the tank.  It appears to be level and I see a little more space below the seat where it sits on the frame.  Should I be mounting or moving something else or is that normal range of movement?  Sorry for the poor description. 

I find that mine does move in the high position, in fact it was one of the first things I noticed before taking the keys on mine. The dealer tried looking at it but found all of them they had did the same thing.

What I have found is there is a slot which the rear of seat rests in - it is near the locking mechanism on the right hand side of the seat as you sit on it. Mine won't stay down, so I can feel the seat move whilst off the bike but as soon as I put my weight on it the seat goes into the right position and no longer moves.
It can be a bit disconcerting when it 'pops' into place. I'm tall enough to be able to take my weight off the seat when I have both feet on the ground, I sometimes feel it sliding back into place.

Archived