What do I do with the cable and rubber thingy?

Ok, so I found the screwdriver and Allen key while looking over the bike - never knew it came with one! Also, inside the "tool kit" I found the length of cable and the black rubber piece with the metal clips on each side. I'm assuming these help you fasten your helmet to the bike, but how?!!

• Premium Member
Ok, so I found the screwdriver and Allen key while looking over the bike - never knew it came with one! Also, inside the "tool kit" I found the length of cable and the black rubber piece with the metal clips on each side. I'm assuming these help you fasten your helmet to the bike, but how?!!
The black rubber piece is to secure the tool kit to the bike under the rear seat area. I can not find were to hook the helmet cable? Anybody, Bueller? 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

There's a metal helmet hook right where the two seats meet. Right side of the bike beside the rubber plug that covers the front seat latch It's like a bent metal puzzle you loop the wire loops around. It's actually really easy, but at first glance it looks annoying. I leave it looped on and it all fits nicely.

• Premium Member
There's a metal helmet hook right where the two seats meet. Right side of the bike beside the rubber plug that covers the front seat latch It's like a bent metal puzzle you loop the wire loops around. It's actually really easy, but at first glance it looks annoying. I leave it looped on and it all fits nicely.
Found it. On the right side, opposite the rubber arrow plug.  
20150118_180025_zpse6186a99.jpg

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
[div align=left]Ah, ok. Was that in the manual and I missed it?  
Ok, one more - fuel cut off valve?

I read it somewhere about the rubber piece. My Honda had that same helmet cable, but I still could not find it. Lucky for us somebody else figured it out. 
Fuel cut off valve? Not sure why you ask, but most fuel injected motors do not have one. Usually a Quick Disconnect (QD) where the fuel line exits the fuel tank, I assume like the one on my FJR.

Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Fuel cut off valve? Not sure why you ask, but most fuel injected motors do not have one. Usually a Quick Disconnect (QD) where the fuel line exits the fuel tank, I assume like the one on my FJR.

I'm coming from a K.LR650- so it's like going from a crop duster to a F-16. Still getting my bearings...

Archived