CREE Fog Lights How To:

ULEWZ

• Premium Member
looks great! So to what bike does that silver muffler can belong too?
The wifes Street Triple. That is an aftermarket low boy exhaust from Italy. 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
I'm not a fan of the looks and those huge pumpkins need to go!
It looks better in person, which can be said of many things/people. Thanks for your input to my How To though. baldy_zps5mb6zyba.gif 
The turn signals are the next project (already purchased and in hand).

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I'll admit I'm not crazy about the way the lights look, but I own a pair and will be copying this mount. I did the side mount and either someone bent them down or the weight did. In their defense these things are brighter than the headlights.

So, on another side note, how does the FJ stack up to the Street Triple? That was on the short list vs the FJ but I'm cheap and I love Yamahas!
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Great write up. I'd almost consider moving mine up to this position instead. Maybe I'll pick up those brackets and put aside a saturday and give it a shot. Do you maybe have a pic or two from a little farther away (head on shot from 15-20ft away?)

• Premium Member
Great write up. I'd almost consider moving mine up to this position instead. Maybe I'll pick up those brackets and put aside a saturday and give it a shot. Do you maybe have a pic or two from a little farther away (head on shot from 15-20ft away?)
I'll take one tomorrow if I get a chance to.
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Does the fender hit the brackets as the wheel moves up and down? They look very close for the amount of wheel travel on this bike v/s the distance from the fender to the brackets/lights.

Can we mount the lights to the horn mount? Seems like it would take more work to design the bracket, but it should be possible to get the lights just under the fairing, and allow them to move side to side with the forks v/s the stock lights that are fixed in place with the fairing.

Excellent write up on the power sources and wires/diagrams. ;) Thanks for the hours I just saved not chasing down these.

Are the heated grip plugs in the same bundle under the windscreen? (If not, where are these factory plugs? LOL)

• Premium Member
Does the fender hit the brackets as the wheel moves up and down? They look very close for the amount of wheel travel on this bike v/s the distance from the fender to the brackets/lights. 
Can we mount the lights to the horn mount? Seems like it would take more work to design the bracket, but it should be possible to get the lights just under the fairing, and allow them to move side to side with the forks v/s the stock lights that are fixed in place with the fairing.

Excellent write up on the power sources and wires/diagrams. ;) Thanks for the hours I just saved not chasing down these.

Are the heated grip plugs in the same bundle under the windscreen? (If not, where are these factory plugs? LOL)

Yup, may need to rotate them to the side, thanks for making me feel dumb. The grip heaters are next to the fuse blocks 2 and 3 under the right side panel

Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Sorry dude, not my intent, and now I can pull the right side panel, and hook up my "China eBay" grip heaters, and see if I can get them to work. (Its' dang cold without heated grips.)

My thought on the lower triple mount, is to use the two holes, already threaded and having bolts in them for the horn and brake line bracket, could be used to bolt "Over" another bracket, that then has mounts for the two lights. If the mount also keeps the adjustment part of the light bracket more horizontal than vertical, that's going to save on height, and allow the lamps to be forward as much as possible under the fairing and stock lamps. (But they would turn side to side with the forks, so would need to clear the sides, and fairing above them etc.)

I do like how those fork brackets look though. You could just flip them the other way, mounting them just under the triple tree lower fork clamps, and get the same sturdy mount, and have clearance for the fender travel.

• Premium Member
All fixed. I just moved the brackets outboard and everything clears. Not my intended setup, but will do for now. Pictures tomorrow. Thanks again, really.

[attachment id=392" thumbnail="1]

Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Sorry dude, not my intent, and now I can pull the right side panel, and hook up my "China eBay" grip heaters, and see if I can get them to work. (Its' dang cold without heated grips.) 
My thought on the lower triple mount, is to use the two holes, already threaded and having bolts in them for the horn and brake line bracket, could be used to bolt "Over" another bracket, that then has mounts for the two lights. If the mount also keeps the adjustment part of the light bracket more horizontal than vertical, that's going to save on height, and allow the lamps to be forward as much as possible under the fairing and stock lamps. (But they would turn side to side with the forks, so would need to clear the sides, and fairing above them etc.)

I do like how those fork brackets look though. You could just flip them the other way, mounting them just under the triple tree lower fork clamps, and get the same sturdy mount, and have clearance for the fender travel.

We are drifting off topic, but your grip heaters may not work with those wires - they are switched live by the ECU when the OE heaters are used. If they don't work from those wires you can use the wires mentioned in this thread for the lights, which are either switched live by the ignition circuit or when the headlamp relay kicks in. If you are using the accessory lights as well, then I would use the switched live to activate a relay back to the battery, unless the total current is lower than the fuse on that circuit. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Final version with brackets upside down. Note the new turn signals.

[attachment id=446" thumbnail="1]
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived