SoCal FJ-09 Thread!

Guest eatpasta

Guest eatpasta
Ok I know there are a bunch of you guys around here already....
     I live in Santa Barbara and work in Los Angeles.

@ULEWZ is in greater LA area out in Northridge
@jetfixer is somewhere down here

...and I'm pretty sure @socal is from socal as well.... not positive

• Premium Member
I'm on the east side of San Diego. I moved here a few years ago from the mid west and I'm loving it.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

Guest eatpasta
I'm on the east side of San Diego. I moved here a few years ago from the mid west and I'm loving it.
Right on!  I cant imagine that you'd would be hating the weather right about now..... 
8-)

my wife and I have a really good friend in La Mesa that we visit from time to time.  Ill have to hit you up the next time we're down there.

• Premium Member
Lol, I've seen my fair share of the white stuff and don't miss one bit. I'm actually just a few miles away from La Mesa in Santee, give me a shout next time your in the neighborhood.
Bill
K-Tech forks and shock
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

Lol, I've seen my fair share of the white stuff and don't miss one bit. I'm actually just a few miles away from La Mesa in Santee, give me a shout next time your in the neighborhood.
I've got to stop reading this forum via "Recent Posts" so I can ignore the SoCal threads in winter (-21 C here this morning. Or -5 F, not that you SoCal riders ever see that!) ::) 
Now that I have the FJ-09 I am planning to sell my 09 Street triple R in the Spring. If I had the means, I'd rather store it on the south left coast for winter riding...

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• Premium Member
I've got to stop reading this forum via "Recent Posts" so I can ignore the SoCal threads in winter (-21 C here this morning. Or -5 F, not that you SoCal riders ever see that!) ::) 
Now that I have the FJ-09 I am planning to sell my 09 Street triple R in the Spring. If I had the means, I'd rather store it on the south left coast for winter riding...

Sorry...... You're welcome to store your Street triple in my garage, I promise I'll take good care of it. Lol  
By the way on occasion it does snow in the mountains here about an hour from me but this morning it's 61 degrees at 7 a.m. 
Bill
K-Tech forks and shock
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

Guest eatpasta
It got "cold" for awhile a few weeks ago. It was 33-34 degrees in my backyard for about a week. I thought my wife was going to die

Guest eatpasta
Yea. I think it was 58 the other day on the beach. I had to layer up and turn on the heated jacket. But i still went riding.
on my commute down to LA, a few times it's been in the 30's which isnt fun at 80 mph but hey things could be way worse, and its sunny so I ride! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I am in the beautiful San Fernando Valley. It is a bit odd being in the same regional group with Alaska...it's a long way from L.A. to Deadhorse!
Did you get an FJ-09 yet? We have a ride planned for Saturday with one other FJ rider. Moderately spirited ride if you are interested.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Another guy from the valley, ditching his FJR.... Im never sellin mine!
We shall see. One ride and you will be hooked. I will post up video of what these FJs can do when the video gets posted from another forum.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived