new member here

bobcat74

good afternoon everyone ,       I am in the market for a new bike and happened to find this website while doing my research . a little history for you . im a 60 year old guy who rediscovered biking after a 40 year hiatus . my son , who got into motorcycling about 7 years ago ( a sv650 guy ) would  ask me from time to time if I was going to get back on a bike . I would have the  typical canned dad speech why I shouldn't and maybe someday.....well that someday arrived 2 years ago due to big changes in my life . the death of my father and my 2nd marriage dissolving . so with all that happening and nothing holding me back , I  took the MSF basic course . passed with flying colors and bought a bike . I found an '05 gs 500 f on craigslist for 1900 bucks . I bought it in may of 2013 and have been riding ever since . I use it as a daily commuter and short day trips in the n.e.fla area . I have put over 15k miles on her . its a good bike for what my needs are now and has saved me a ton of gas because my other means of transportation is an '06 tundra 4x4 . so to come back around to the reason for joining this website . I was in our local Yamaha/Suzuki dealer buying a part for the gs . saw an fj09 ,  sat on it ,  liked it immensely and decided that bike would be on the new bike list. while doing my research-maybe I read it on here-that there was going to only one nationwide delivery of FJs to the dealers and that was going to be it for 2016 . so does this mean the you'll be SOL come spring if you don't buy soon ? just wondering . sorry for the long winded post.

good afternoon everyone ,       I am in the market for a new bike and happened to find this website while doing my research . a little history for you . im a 60 year old guy who rediscovered biking after a 40 year hiatus . my son , who got into motorcycling about 7 years ago ( a sv650 guy ) would  ask me from time to time if I was going to get back on a bike . I would have the  typical canned dad speech why I shouldn't and maybe someday.....well that someday arrived 2 years ago due to big changes in my life . the death of my father and my 2nd marriage dissolving . so with all that happening and nothing holding me back , I  took the MSF basic course . passed with flying colors and bought a bike . I found an '05 gs 500 f on craigslist for 1900 bucks . I bought it in may of 2013 and have been riding ever since . I use it as a daily commuter and short day trips in the n.e.fla area . I have put over 15k miles on her . its a good bike for what my needs are now and has saved me a ton of gas because my other means of transportation is an '06 tundra 4x4 . so to come back around to the reason for joining this website . I was in our local Yamaha/Suzuki dealer buying a part for the gs . saw an fj09 ,  sat on it ,  liked it immensely and decided that bike would be on the new bike list. while doing my research-maybe I read it on here-that there was going to only one nationwide delivery of FJs to the dealers and that was going to be it for 2016 . so does this mean the you'll be SOL come spring if you don't buy soon ? just wondering . sorry for the long winded post.
Regarding the "one nationwide delivery":  Haven't heard that one.  Please find where you read that.  Sounds like one of those Stealer Dealer Sales Pitchs.  

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

hey red .
im trying to find on-line where I saw the " one nationwide delivery of 2016s to the dealers ".I've might been mistaken but im positive I read something to that fact. ill keep researching and ill post if I find the comment.

• Premium Member
Yamaha might say each dealer gets an allocation of x many bikes per year. They won't arrive in one go as Yamaha could never get that organised with inventory. Most Japanese companies use a Just in Time philosophy. Yamaha seems to have taken the Just Some Time approach.

In the UK, dealers were taking orders and customers were waiting 3-4 months for their bike to arrive, last spring.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

There are many unsold 2015 bikes here, usually dealers won't order stock on a model that has leftovers. I don't know what they are forced to buy but you know there are quotas. You want and R1-M ? take 3 FJ09's and a few 07's too.
Dealers either lie to you or have no clue about the supply pipeline, good luck bobcat.

In 2005, the Yamaha PDP program had us waiting 7 months for our 2005 FJR's and we felt special just to get one.

Archived