Riding position vs Super Tenere

I had a 2012 Super Tenere that I unfortunately had to sell last April when my wife was laid off from her job of 20 years.  Fast forward to today and I'm looking at motorcycles again.  For those that have both the S10 or (used to), can you compare the leg room of it vs the FJ9?  The S10 was all day comfortable and was hoping the FJ might be, as well.  The FJ13 was too cramped for me in the legroom department, as a FYI.

• Premium Member
I find my FJR very comfortable, but just love the ergos of the FJ. It is like they made this bike to my specs. Very happy.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I had a 2006 FJR1300 before I moved on to the 2012 Super Tenere. For reference, I am 6'2" and I found that the FJR got uncomfortable after a couple of hours. Not enough leg room.

The S10, with a Corbin seat, was good for as long as I wanted to ride it. 800 to 900 miles a day were not a problem. I now have a 2014 Super Tenere ES and an FJ-09 on order. I plan on keeping both. I had my first chance to sit on an FJ today and the riding position feels quite good. It feels real close to the S10 with the seat in the high position. The seat is nice and flat and has enough room to move around a bit. I suspect it will be quite good but I won't know for sure until I put some real miles on it.

• 2 weeks later...
I traded my 2013 Super T on the fj 09. Ergos are indeed a bit different, but the fj is very comfortable for me. Compared to the S10, the seat ht is similar to the S10.

I find the reach to the ground from the higher seat position on the fj "feels" longer/higher then the S10, despite a much better foot placement compared to the much heavier and top heavy Tenere.

This was also noticed by my pretty wife who's also over 6 ft tall. She is less intimidated compared to the Tenere or the BMW f800, once her daily rider.
The fj is more confidence inspiring w/ less tendency to "fall in" on low speed turns.

My legs cramped up after several hours in the saddle of my R1200 ST never happened on the S10 or so far on the fj09.

Banshee

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I currently ride a Super Tenere XT1200Z (2011 version). I will be taking delivery of a Tracer (FJ09) in a couple of days.

I test rode the Tracer for about 20 miles and the riding position is very similar to the Super Tenere, as confirmed by the website mentions by xcsp. Seat height similar, wind deflection similar, seat comfort was okay but only rode 20 miles.

What I did notice, which is the big selling point for me, is the much lower weight, 60kg or 132lb lower!
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I did go sit on the FJR9 today. The dealer had one right next to a S10. The seat to peg distance seems similar but the pegs are set further back in a sportier position than the S10.
I had my first ride on the FJ today. It feels a bit different than my Super Tenere. It may very well be the pegs are back a little farther back as you have pointed out.  
I only rode it for 20 miles but I definitely noticed the difference. Sometimes being different just takes a little getting used to. Putting some miles on each back to back might help define the differences and what adjustments may be called for but for now I prefer riding position of the Super Tenere. 

Archived