Clutch slipping ?

Hello , I started experiencing the following only after taking my bike in for the 600 mile service.

It's not 100% consistent but under moderate acceleration 1st gear up to around 6000 rpm , the bike studders and looses power , not sure what's going on.

Shift into 2nd and same experience

any thoughts before I drop it off for a day at the shop ?

• Premium Member
if the clutch was slipping engine revs would rise - this sounds more like the TCS, traction control, cutting in, an electrical or a fuel starvation problem.

report it at the 600 mile service - perhaps the throttle bodies are out of sync, there is an obstruction in the air intake, kinked hose, loose lead on a spark plug
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

if the clutch was slipping engine revs would rise - this sounds more like the TCS, traction control, cutting in, an electrical or a fuel starvation problem.  
report it at the 600 mile service - perhaps the throttle bodies are out of sync, there is an obstruction in the air intake, kinked hose, loose lead on a spark plug

Thanks for the info , the last time I felt it was in a similar scenario. I rode the bike home from work , 3 miles no issues,stopped at store for 10 minutes , started it up an it happens right on rolling into throttle.

Well ,thanks  everyone

This morning noticed the abs light comes on while riding 35 mph , throttle cutting out (no wheelies or aggressive riding )  light stays on for the next 4 miles between stop lights and does not go out.

Taking her to the shop today

>> dealership, there questioning the tail light installed approx 200 miles ago <<

Typical dealership tactics - ALWAYS try to blame a problem on a completely un-related, aftermarket part. I'm glad to see that they finally found the real problem and are now taking care of you. Good on ya!!

-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• Premium Member
The front ABS sensor is put in place by the dealer not the factory - the front wheel is removed from the bike for shipping as the container can be smaller. This fault has been reported a number of times in the forum. Seems some dealers are pretty shoddy when it comes to the pre-delivery assembly & inspection.

Most riders got a 063 fault code on day one. I think yours if the first case where someone go to the 600 mile service. I guess your sensor had worked loose rather than fallen out like some. This may have then sent too few pulses to the ECU which then thought the rear wheel was rotating faster than the front, hence activating tCS to cut power.

Whatever, as the demon says, the dealer is obfuscating to deflect the blame from their incompetence.

Incidentally, is it my imagination or has this 063/ABS sensor misassembly been confined to the US dealer network? I don't recall a UK/EU occurrence but I may be misremembering.

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived