Looking for sunshine and dry roads!

docsimple

Did you go south to all the Redwooks parks? It looks like there are three running down the coast?

I would wait till later in the year... but now is when I have the time. I'd rather ride and get wet than not ride. Not in general, specifically next week :)

And it looks like I cant avoid traveling through Crescent City, but I almost never stop in big towns/ cities when I travel.

Thanks!

Well here in Vancouver Washington its been sunny and dry all month. You should just drive over the 205 bridge. Haha jk. This rain sucks. I rode down to the Redwoods two summers ago following 101 all the way down camping along the way had a blast. It was a much better trip then last years hells canyon and sawtooth mountains.
As for camping I stayed in koa's because they have clean showers. The only place I would avoid was cresent city.
You will get wet this time of the year if you follow 101 but to me it was worth it but I would wait time till May and a good week of sun but thats me because I dont like rain.

2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

on a lighter note... My evostars Radiator protector arrived today. On it goes! The bike is in pieces awaiting new clutch and throttle cables from Motionpro. Also bar ends From Sato. And brake lines form Galfer. And a cage from Higdonion.
Installed so far:
Traxxion shock sock
Maddog seat pad
Ram mounts on the handlebar clamp x2

Hope the rest gets here soon. Its gonna be a busy wrenching week :)
2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

I did the Redwood national park took the redwood hwy and saw the mystery of trees, the drive through the redwood tree and just explored small towns near by. There is a senic route but the road was unpaved and I was on a sportbike at the time but I heard it was a real pretty drive just not sure what it would be like now but I could bet there are a bunch of mud holes in the road.
Check out the Trindad town with the lighthouse this was my favorite.
I also used a phone app called Roadtrippers which gave me some good places to eat at and sites to see.

on a lighter note... My evostars Radiator protector arrived today. On it goes! The bike is in pieces awaiting new clutch and throttle cables from Motionpro. Also bar ends From Sato. And brake lines form Galfer. And a cage from Higdonion. Installed so far:
Traxxion shock sock
Maddog seat pad
Ram mounts on the handlebar clamp x2

Hope the rest gets here soon. Its gonna be a busy wrenching week :)

Let me know how you like the motionpro.
I will be ordering the higdonion cage next month.
When it gets better out I would mine doing a bike meet around here. Maybe hit SR14 up the gorge.

I'll check out Roadtrippers. I usually wouldnt mind the mud,but I am still testing the FJ's capabilities. I will definitely report on all the mods. I cant be the only one who wants a more comfortable bar.

I'm always down for a good ride. I like the route north from 14 to the backside of St helens, the over to Adams and south. Can be done in one day but its really a one night camptrip. If it was sunny I might well be headed that way :)

Just finished the rad guard. Excellent fit and finish. A little lighter than I expected but should be plenty. Anything big enough to get through would be an issue in other ways. BTW, after cleaning and inspecting @ ~1500 miles I owuld mov ethis up to a necessary, buy immediately kind of thing. Was already showing some damage.
2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Docsimple -

The coast can be nice at this time of year if we've had a few days without rain (but you won't make good time and it can be foggy). Hwy 101 north of San Francisco is a really scenic and pleasant ride for a freeway. It has a few really fun stretches to it as well. South of San Jose (Hollister to be exact) is hwy 25 which leads to 198. There should be lots of flowers and some serious fun to be had on those two roads. Make sure you gas up in Hollister - no gas until Coalinga. From Coalinga head to Bakersfield and 178 east.
If you've never ridden over the Golden Gate bridge it is quite a sight and worth considering. Then get on hwy 280 for high speed cruising.
This is the route we are taking in April. Our route back is going up hwy 1 from San Luis Obispo to Santa Cruz and then inland and north (because we don't have 700 miles to cover).

Hwy 49 would be a lot of fun too, but it doesn't run for that long a stretch.

Good Luck (with weather) and have fun!

2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

Archived