Hello from Copenhagen

sjyp

Hi,

I've enjoyed this great forum for some months now so thought it was about time to introduce myself.

I'm 50 years old, live near Copenhagen and I have just bought a 2016 Mistral Grey fitted with Powerbronce small fly screen, heated grips, Yamaha comfort seat and R&G tail tidy, fork and swing arm protectors.

The bike replaces a 2009 ZX-10R I had from new. I am mainly riding narrow country roads and hairpins when touring the alps these days so no doubt the Tracer will be a lot better suited for my needs. I had a ZX-6R track bike too but gave up track riding a couple of years ago. I still own a 2007 V-Strom fitted with a 3-box Givi set for touring with my wife.

I love the Tracer for the riding position and the low down grunt. Wheather is yet to show any sign of spring here in Denmark, though, but I have everything prepared for great ride-outs as soon as the road salt is gone and the sun comes out.

Happy Biking

• Premium Member
Hi, 
I've enjoyed this great forum for some months now so thought it was about time to introduce myself.

I'm 50 years old, live near Copenhagen and I have just bought a 2016 Mistral Grey fitted with Powerbronce small fly screen, heated grips, Yamaha comfort seat and R&G tail tidy, fork and swing arm protectors.

The bike replaces a 2009 ZX-10R I had from new. I am mainly riding narrow country roads and hairpins when touring the alps these days so no doubt the Tracer will be a lot better suited for my needs. I had a ZX-6R track bike too but gave up track riding a couple of years ago. I still own a 2007 V-Strom fitted with a 3-box Givi set for touring with my wife.

I love the Tracer for the riding position and the low down grunt. Wheather is yet to show any sign of spring here in Denmark, though, but I have everything prepared for great ride-outs as soon as the road salt is gone and the sun comes out.

Happy Biking

Welcome. I always wanted to ride the alps. Maybe someday.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Hello from the UK.

I too enjoy riding the Alps & similar so have yet to make it across to Denmark.

I was in Carinthia, Tyrol and the Dolomites in 2014, Vosges & Burgundy in 2015, will be in the Eiffel region at Easter this year and then the Massif Central in June.

Lewis: June 2017 will probably see a return to the Alps for my little touring group that includes @johan. Maybe the Eastern Alps which will include Bavaria, Hungarian Alpokalja, Slovenia, Styria in Austria and Croatia. @joahn has suggested 2 weeks for such a trip as he wants to treat me to some hospitality in Budapest...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Hello from the UK. 

I was in Carinthia, Tyrol and the Dolomites in 2014, Vosges & Burgundy in 2015, will be in the Eiffel region at Easter this year and then the Massif Central in June.

Lewis: June 2017 will probably see a return to the Alps for my little touring group that includes @johan . Maybe the Eastern Alps which will include Bavaria, Hungarian Alpokalja, Slovenia, Styria in Austria and Croatia. @joahn has suggested 2 weeks for such a trip as he wants to treat me to some hospitality in Budapest...
I will keep it in mind. It is on the bucket list. 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Hello from the UK. 

Lewis: June 2017 will probably see a return to the Alps for my little touring group that includes @johan . Maybe the Eastern Alps which will include Bavaria, Hungarian Alpokalja, Slovenia, Styria in Austria and Croatia. @joahn has suggested 2 weeks for such a trip as he wants to treat me to some hospitality in Budapest...
I think we should seriously begin to think about that trip. I don't know who the joahn is that has promised hospitality in Budapest, but is my 2nd home town now and I love it.

• Premium Member
joahn - he's a pedantic little chap who talks funny

Start a thread dear boy, start a thread, it's all I do and they start queuing up. May as well add Bosnia & Serbia into the route as they seem to be inbetween Budapest & Croatia
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
joahn - he's a pedantic little chap who talks funny 
Start a thread dear boy, start a thread, it's all I do and they start queuing up. May as well add Bosnia & Serbia into the route as they seem to be inbetween Budapest & Croatia
No, they're not. France, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Croatia. Then Slovenia, Italy and France on the return.

Many thanks for welcoming me. I’m happy that the Alp comment worked as a teaser. Denmark is mostly flat as a pancake so we need to go there once a year to get some proper winding roads.

Our 2016 summer tour involves Auto Train from Hamburg to Munich and these highlights to explore during the 6 days tour. I haven’t included the lower passes since that would triple the list of passes we are riding.

I shall keep an eye on your cross Europe tour as it progresses.

AUSTRIA
Gerlospass 1531m
Filzsteinalpe 1628m
Felbertauernstrasse over Hohe Tauern Nationalparken 1650m
Kalser Grossglocknerstrasse 1984m
Maltatal & Malta Hochalmstrasse 1920m
Kölnbreinsperre 1902m
Nockalmstrasse 2049m
Eisentalhöhe 2042m
Schiestelscharte 2015m
Villacher Alpenstrasse 1732m

SLOVENIA
Vrsic Pass 1611m 
Mangart Road 2055m

ITALY
Forcella Cibiana 1536m
Forcella Staulanza 1766m
Passo di Giau 2233m
Passo di Falzarego 2110m
Passo di Valparola 2192m
Grödner Joch/Passo di Gardena 2121m
Sella del Culac 2018m
Col de Toi 2246m
Sellajoch 2213m
Passo di Campolongo 1875m
Passo di San Pellegrino 1919m
Passo di Valles 2013m
Passo di Rolle 1984m
Monte Grappa 1745m
Passo del Tonale 1883m
Passo di Gavia 2618m
Passo dello Stelvio 2763m
Umbrailpass 2502m
Reschenpass 1519m

AUSTRIA
Piller Höhe 1560m
Sättele/Silzer Sattel 1685m
Kühtai Sattel 2017m

Welcome from another newbie...I joined a couple of days ago.

Yes Alps is great, I've been on my TDM and my KTM 990....I think my Tracer wants to go too, she told me that on my way home from the dealer's
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

• Premium Member
Many thanks for welcoming me. I’m happy that the Alp comment worked as a teaser. Denmark is mostly flat as a pancake so we need to go there once a year to get some proper winding roads.  
Our 2016 summer tour involves Auto Train from Hamburg to Munich and these highlights to explore during the 6 days tour. I haven’t included the lower passes since that would triple the list of passes we are riding.

I shall keep an eye on your cross Europe tour as it progresses.

AUSTRIA
Gerlospass 1531m
Filzsteinalpe 1628m
Felbertauernstrasse over Hohe Tauern Nationalparken 1650m
Kalser Grossglocknerstrasse 1984m
Maltatal & Malta Hochalmstrasse 1920m
Kölnbreinsperre 1902m
Nockalmstrasse 2049m
Eisentalhöhe 2042m
Schiestelscharte 2015m
Villacher Alpenstrasse 1732m

SLOVENIA
Vrsic Pass 1611m 
Mangart Road 2055m

ITALY
Forcella Cibiana 1536m
Forcella Staulanza 1766m
Passo di Giau 2233m
Passo di Falzarego 2110m
Passo di Valparola 2192m
Grödner Joch/Passo di Gardena 2121m
Sella del Culac 2018m
Col de Toi 2246m
Sellajoch 2213m
Passo di Campolongo 1875m
Passo di San Pellegrino 1919m
Passo di Valles 2013m
Passo di Rolle 1984m
Monte Grappa 1745m
Passo del Tonale 1883m
Passo di Gavia 2618m
Passo dello Stelvio 2763m
Umbrailpass 2502m
Reschenpass 1519m

AUSTRIA
Piller Höhe 1560m
Sättele/Silzer Sattel 1685m
Kühtai Sattel 2017m

probably done two thirds of those roads at one time or another

Archived