Hard starting - solved !!!!!

ilanr1

• Premium Member
Haven't had any hard starting issues yet.  But as a safeguard
think I will run some injector cleaner like Techron or equivalent
thru a tank of gas every thousand miles or so... That's what I did on
my other F/I bikes and they all started 1st kick with no issues.

• Premium Member
I only fill up with Shell V-Power Nitro+, maybe that's why I've never had hard starting issues ;)
did you get hypnotised by Hamer?
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Chevron premium with Techron used 90%+ as available. I've had it happen twice now. Both times after ECU flash but I'm riding it harder as its much easier to control the throttle. I'm sure its not related to the flash as others have already stated, they have the problem prior to any ECU mods. Slight roll of the throttle got her started both times.

Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• Premium Member
I only fill up with Shell V-Power Nitro+, maybe that's why I've never had hard starting issues ;)
did you get hypnotised by Hamer?
Lol. The road to Canary Wharf is dotted with Shell filling stations... 
A Guzzi Stelvio might have seen me through a week with its massive tank. The Tracer just can't, and I have to say it is somewhat annoying to fill up during a commute.

I have used Sea Foam in my 2001 Goldwing, after experiencing problems with less than stellar fuel bought on various road trips.    This solved all problems I had with fuel injector issues, as per the indicated displayed codes. The Bike would stall out and restart after a few attempts. I have not had this issue with my FJ09, but would bet it is a fuel issue with the aforementioned riders.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived