Stepthru from BC checking in...

stepthru

Hello everyone. I've been admiring the FJ-09 for quite some time but until the other day it wasn't really on my list of prospects. The one single problem I had with the bike was the seat height. I'm getting older, have a shortish inseam and generally don't want or need the struggle involved with a tall bike. I was toying with the idea of an FZ-07 but because of the lack of ABS it was off my list.
The other day I stopped by a local dealership to browse and saw a lowered FJ-09 on the floor. I was really impressed after swinging my leg over it.

I'm still not sure it's the bike for me but I'm willing to bet some of the threads here will help me make up my mind.

For those who may be interested I'm currently in Kelowna but will be moving to Vancouver at the beginning of May.

• Premium Member
Welcome to the forum.

I'm 7hrs north of you up in Fort St. John BC.
7800kms on my bike now, and aside from the seat discomfort on longer rides I've been absolutely loving the bike.

I actually test rode and purchased my bike in Langley BC.
The guys at HoleShot Motorsports were very accommodating and helpful.

• Premium Member
Old pan has oil drain plug on the bottom. Improved new pan has the drain plug on the front of the pan. A couple of folk bottomed out with the old style pan and cracked the pan. Another," fix" post in this forum is to get a flush mount Mazda bolt ( there's a thread on this on the forum) and grind down the fin that's in front of the oil drain hole on the bottom. Or do nothing and try not to bottom out.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Welcome to the forum. 

I'm 7hrs north of you up in Fort St. John BC.
7800kms on my bike now, and aside from the seat discomfort on longer rides I've been absolutely loving the bike.

I actually test rode and purchased my bike in Langley BC.
The guys at HoleShot Motorsports were very accommodating and helpful.

Many, many years ago I was on a crew that built Beaton Park on Charlie Lake.

Archived