French Gendarmes train on Tracers

• Premium Member
https://www.facebook.com/EcoleGendarmerieFontainebleau/

"The National Training Centre to road safety has just received the latest models 900 Yamaha Mt09 Trace.

Already tested by the instructors of the centre in its civil version, this motorcycle very handy proves to be very efficient. Freshly repainted blue, with a screen printing strengthening the visibility, the "Trace Gendarmerie" will make its first kilometres in the hands of the trainers of the centre"

4458453.jpg  

4458451.jpg

4458449.jpg

4458447.jpg

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I would have designed a bike for them!
But I actually like the blue with hi viz panels, i'd ride that for sure!

Time for me to cut some high viz orange panels just like that on fender and side panel, thanks for posting.

Gendarmerie on the windshield would look hot in the USA to!

How do I get the tail mounted flasher light in orange!
cccb8d0255fbf090479cb2cd5e25a34c.jpg

• Premium Member
https://www.facebook.com/EcoleGendarmerieFontainebleau/ 
"The National Training Centre to road safety has just received the latest models 900 Yamaha Mt09 Trace.

Already tested by the instructors of the centre in its civil version, this motorcycle very handy proves to be very efficient. Freshly repainted blue, with a screen printing strengthening the visibility, the "Trace Gendarmerie" will make its first kilometres in the hands of the trainers of the centre"

Nice find Wessie. Lots of mods to those bikes excluding the obvious police options (lights, sirens, radio, etc..). Lets see: New windscreen with a reverse flip at the top.
Radiator guard.
Different handguards.
Engine cage.
Factory bag guards.
Different seat.
Front mounted oil pan drain bolt (2016 model).

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
The Gendarmes one must be custom, as it appears to be a little different with two scallops, vs one.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Maybe this one:
linky

4459412.jpg

Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

The Gendarmes one must be custom, as it appears to be a little different with two scallops, vs one.
...yup, and the one on the Skidmarx website seems to be fastened with six screws, rather than four on the french bike. Otherwise pretty similar, especially up top.
Yeah, their sport screen, http://www.skidmarx.co.uk/yamaha/90301-yamaha-mt-09-tracer-sports-screen.html appears to have six screws too.  Looks like they have screws up where we have rubber pads, at the top of the Y bracket.  

• Premium Member

and rubber footpegs.

I have rubber footpegs on mine from fz6 fz8's. A few bucks on eBay if you search rubber Yamaha footpegs.

You'd think the French would use made in France Ermax and top sellerie seat, but maybe they swallowed their national pride and used UK products.

• Premium Member

I want to know where I can get that pillion seat box. I never ride 2-up so the added storage would be great
...something like Cortech Super 2.0 should do then...and you have the option of removing it if you need to.

True but when you have the choice of hard or soft, well...It's a no brainer

• Premium Member
The windshield has cutouts for their blue lights so it looks like it was custom made for them or Yamaha made this as an overall package for police bikes straight from them. But the way the lower part is black it looks like the way Givi makes their maxi scooter windshields. Yes I used to ride a Yamaha Tmax 500.

Archived