NITRON VS WILBERS

tigger

Get the one that is easier to get serviced. Also on the 641 or NTR2+ levels I *think* it's only the Nitron that has preload at both ends which is rather more convenient. I would try to cajole Nitron into making their NTR1 likewise dual-preload for no or very modest money.

• Premium Member
Which is the better shock emulsion vs gas shock i am a novice to these things ie Wilbers emulsion or Nitron gas as i said i don't which one to buy please help.

• 4 weeks later...
The reason I really wish Yamaha had offered the fj-09 with the option of a better suspension (and brakes) (like a speed triple for example) is that the range of choices to a layman in upgrade components is bewildering. And a lot of trouble and downtime. And a big gamble.

WIth a stock bike already with upgrade suspensions one can simply ride it and decide if they like it. That is worth a lot to me.

• Premium Member
bgigharbor - I agree with you 100% - while I enjoy riding, I'm not near as technical as many on this forum, and I would love to have had the options to purchase as opposed to figuring out how to modify after the sale.

Although I know many here enjoy the process of customizing on their own, so we may be in the minority

The reason I really wish Yamaha had offered the fj-09 with the option of a better suspension (and brakes) (like a speed triple for example) is that the range of choices to a layman in upgrade components is bewildering. And a lot of trouble and downtime. And a big gamble. 
WIth a stock bike already with upgrade suspensions one can simply ride it and decide if they like it. That is worth a lot to me.

As one who has done it, with a very careful and fully recorded step-by-step procedure plus a lot of (quite enjoyable) reading initially, may I say that it is not all that hard to get an acceptable set-up with the OE suspension.   And it costs nought but time - and some patience.   But of course much depends on what you are seeking as the end result, and where you feel the stock set-up lets you down. Plenty of advice here, and - if I may - some snake-oil and 'baffling with science"!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Archived