AUX. DRIVING LIGHTS: WHICH WIRE?

ed

Hello all, I apologize if this has already been asked on this forum.

I'm installing Denali micro auxiliary driving lights. The wiring is pretty straight forward. I want the aux lights to come on with my brights switch, and the instructions say to tap off the wire going to the bright headlight (as opposed to a switched power source, where the aux lights would be solely controlled by the toggle switch that came with them). The question is, which wire is this? I am back-probing with a multimeter at the lighting control module connector under the headlights/fairing. There are 4 wires going to the headlights from what I can see, blue, green, red, and black. I'm getting weird voltage readings (I'm looking for 12 volts, right?), so not sure which one is going to the bright headlight. The wiring diagram I have from a shop manual is only slightly helpful.

The white wire from the Denali aux lights that I'm tapping into the bright headlight wire with appears to be acting as a power wire (as opposed to a relay control wire), so I want to make sure I don't screw this up. The lights are using very little power (10 watts or so).

Any input is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Ed

• 1 month later...

Archived