TRIP-F in Trip Computer Display

I noticed this a few weeks ago, and it happened again on the commute to work this morning. 

DSC_0090.jpg

My display magically created a 4th screen with the "TRIP-F" label and an trip counter from, presumably, where the problem happened. Scrolling through the other screens works fine, and all the data is seemingly incrementing normally, but the 4th screen is in the rotation and comes up every time. After shutdown and restart, it's back to normal. 

Am I Patient Zero or have others spotted this strange anomaly?

Dirk

This is the fuel trip meter. It is the number of miles since the low fuel bar starts blinking.  Notice you have no bars in your fuel gauge either.  Fill up the gas tank and it goes away.

I noticed this a few weeks ago, and it happened again on the commute to work this morning.  
My display magically created a 4th screen with the "TRIP-F" label and an trip counter from, presumably, where the problem happened. Scrolling through the other screens works fine, and all the data is seemingly incrementing normally, but the 4th screen is in the rotation and comes up every time. After shutdown and restart, it's back to normal. 

Am I Patient Zero or have others spotted this strange anomaly?

Dirk
This is perfectly normal, it is the fuel reserve tripmeter. When the fuel level in the tank drops below 2.6 litres the tripmeter switches to Trip-F and starts counting the distance from that point. 
It's all explained in your owners handbook (Page 3-10 in the UK version).

HTH

CS

Archived