Error Code 024.... Oxygen Sensor

buckybuk

I removed and cleaned the 02 sensor but to no avail. Engine light still on.. 
My question is, once I replace the 02 Sensor will it clear itself or will I be forced to go to stealership to have them reset ?
2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

• Premium Member
The fault should go away if it is fixed by a new sensor - I'd check the wiring before buying a new part.

The ECU remembers previous faults so someone with the right kit can get a history. Useful if trying to locate an intermittent fault.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Have bike torn apart now. Followed the o2 sensor from plug and wire disappears into a larger harness. From all indication everything looks fine.
Obviously all parts fail.  Just a little unusual at 9600 miles..... You seen o2 sensors fail this fast ?
2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

I removed and cleaned the 02 sensor but to no avail. Engine light still on..  My question is, once I replace the 02 Sensor will it clear itself or will I be forced to go to stealership to have them reset ?
I believe the O2 sensor is covered by the Yamaha Emission coverage mandated by the Federal Government if you are in the U.S. john

Looked into it and it seems as it is indeed covered if I reside in a county that requires emissions testing to pass inspection.
And I don't....... Will it hurt to keep riding this bike with a bad sensor until I can get another ?
2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

Archived