Cruizin's Electronic Cruise Control

I received the kit end of March with the intention of installing for an April trip.  Well, the trip was cancelled so the kit sat on the workbench for a few weeks while household chores took priority.  I have installed the cruise control and have been using it for the past week, the installation is covered thoroughly in the Cruise Install thread.

The kit comes complete with all that you will need and is well packaged and complete.  The only issue I had is that one of the wires was too short and I had to solder in about a 6" extension to it.  The manufacturer was made aware of this issue by other early adoptees and later deliveries had this corrected.  The installation instructions were pretty good, with a couple of minor corrections that are detailed in the install thread, and they had to do with the fine tuning of the unit after install.

I did not keep track of my install time, as I was doing other electrical mods (Blue Sea auxiliary fuse panel, Remote aux LED driving lights, Zumo 660 wiring) at the same time. 

I took my time, followed the directions as provided, and am quite pleased with the results.  My unit worked fine without having to do any INIT or Gain adjustments, but if they are necessary the procedure for tweaking is detailed in the instructions.

Anyone who has any hand, wrist, or shoulder issues (I've had two shoulder reconstructions) shouldn't hesitate to jump on this mod.  I'd like to thank Cruizin' for putting this together and am really looking forward to a ride down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Tennessee next week.

• 1 month later...

Archived