Handlebars look a tad crooked?

JJM

It's pretty common for the half fairing to be slightly crooked. Maybe that's giving the effect of crooked handlebars.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

It's pretty common for the half fairing to be slightly crooked. Maybe that's giving the effect of crooked handlebars.

I was comparing distance from the bar to the tank. I'll take a better look this evening.

What I did notice is that if you align clutch and brake levers to follow the same plane (my OCD angel made me do it), the RH and LH mirror mounts/posts do not follow the same geometry, appearing off with respect to each other. 
I've noticed that too. Doesn't sound like what the OP is referring to.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

My bars were crooked after mine was maliciously knocked over. I followed the ideas on this topic to get the bars back in alignment.
http://fj-09.org/thread/1424/handlebars-crooked

It took several tries to get them perfect. Trying to judge it while stationary is almost impossible. The only way to tell is by riding it.

I am copy / pasting what member beberle said. These are also the instructions that I followed.

- I loosened the front axle 1st
- loosened the lower triple clamp retaining bolts
- left the top triple tree bolts alone
- stood in front of the bike and held the tire between my knees and turned the bars in the direction I wanted. I didn't feel any movement or hear any creaking, but looking at the bars from the back showed they were pretty straight.
- tightened front axle Then lower triple tree. Took her for a ride and she's perfectly straight now.
Still wondering why the dealer couldn't handle this easy fix....

• 2 years later...

When I got into bikes with windshields something seemed off.  It was like the bike leaned left.....weird huh?  I finally decided my hips were the screwy part and not multiple motorcycles.