215 lb. ready to ride new front end setup

hal26

Someone posted a very different fork setup and in desperation I tried it. I like it! Preload set to MAX and rebound OFF. At 215 pounds dressed it beats every other setting that I have tried. Still playing with the rear shock!!

• 2 weeks later...
by the way this is not an optimal solution. the cc in oil should be inside the parameter values. also the density of oil is a parameter. from my experience these are half solutions. the best is to pick up the correct spring rates for your weight and riding style. the spring haa to do the job without preloading it a lot. last but not least, keep in mind that oem springs are not LINEAR and we have to start from there. the bike is not a tourer its a tall (hypermotard like) sport bike with some touring capabilities.

MODS: custom remapped 133 wheel power by T.R.E. / K&P WORKSHOP,  WOOLICH RACING + race tools package, reprofiled cams,  ported cylinder head,  higher compression, bored throttle bodies, ape cam tensioner,  OHLINS FGK237 cartridge & YA 535,  GPR V4, SKF Fork seals,  BREMBO RCS 19 Corta Rossa with SC pads, HEALTECH shift light PRO, AKRAPOVIC racing carbon exhaust, slipper clutch + Barnett clutch springs, JT Sprockets + JVMX 525 black 112 links chain, oil temp gauge drain plug, air filter DNA + Modded airbox, PIRELLI ROSSO CORSA II, YAMAHA LED plus blinkers, antitheft alarm scorpio 900i + perimeter sensor + kill engine module, CELLULAR INTERPHONE led slim fog lights with yamaha oem mounting bracket, YAMAHA heated grips and more....

Archived