Voltage for heated gear ?

jo1000

• Premium Member
Hey everyone.. 
I'm looking to buy heated jacket and gloves, I can't find the voltage output of my FJ .. I do have heated grips too. I'm hoping my bike can handle the load. Maybe someone can help me out here and put my mind at ease
I've ridden for hours in the winter with my Warm-n-Safe jacket and Touring Gloves along with the heated grips with NO issues. It's not about voltage, it's about wattage and the alternator/generator provides 415 watts max output which is plenty as long as you've not farkled yours out like a Tijuana Taxi.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

Hey everyone.. 
I'm looking to buy heated jacket and gloves, I can't find the voltage output of my FJ .. I do have heated grips too. I'm hoping my bike can handle the load. Maybe someone can help me out here and put my mind at ease
I've ridden for hours in the winter with my Warm-n-Safe jacket and Touring Gloves along with the heated grips with NO issues. It's not about voltage, it's about wattage and the alternator/generator provides 415 watts max output which is plenty as long as you've not farkled yours out like a Tijuana Taxi.i 

I had a feeling the bike could handle it, but the bike puts out 415 watts .. How much wattage does the bike draw just to run normal ?

Archived