recently switched to an AGV K5 from a Shoei Qwest

alejandro

• Premium Member
The AGV K5 is a MUCH better helmet for me.

The AGV in size S/M fits me significantly better than the Qwest in size M. Uniformly snug without being painful. Of course it's not really fair comparing a brand new helmet with a nearly 5-year old one...

AGV is quieter too, even tho the Qwest was quieted down with a WindJammer. (And the WindJammer cuts ventilation a lot.)

The flip-down tinted thing is wonderful. No more fussing with sunglasses. 

Nice and light.

On sale right now at CycleGear/RevZilla, solids for $280. This is a light, carbon fiber, middle-of-the-line helmet. I think this is a pretty good deal.

I tried a K5 on my FJ and loved it. Quietest helmet I've own. Comfortable, and liked the flip down visor. But I bought it for my R1. There it was a different story. It blocked my forward vision! The amount of head tilt required to have a 12 second view (heck even 8 seconds) was not practical. I returned it.

• Premium Member
I tried a K5 on my FJ and loved it. Quietest helmet I've own. Comfortable, and liked the flip down visor. But I bought it for my R1. There it was a different story. It blocked my forward vision! The amount of head tilt required to have a 12 second view (heck even 8 seconds) was not practical. I returned it.

I guess it's a touring helmet!

What helmet did you have before, and how was its view angle on your various bikes.

I guess it's a touring helmet! 
What helmet did you have before, and how was its view angle on your various bikes.
Since I've been riding a while I've had a few. Started with a Shoei in the mid 90's (RF600?), had a few Arai (a GT and one other, both trashed at track), KBC, HJC modular something or other, Sparx, Shark Evoline 2, and Shoei Hornet X2. 
That have all been full face or modular and never any issues with viewing angles. The only helmet I have not used on the R1 is the X2.

Archived