• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

My project

I agree with you about the wheels, black obscures them too much.  I love that they match the bronze bits on the engine, too bad you cant apply the same color to the anodized rearsets and fork legs to match. 
Did you use any special product or technique when painting the wheels? 
They look professionally done, like powder coating.

Just used a catalyzed acrylic enamel that I had left over from another project and painted the wheels with the tires on....(lots of masking :))....thought about having them PC'd but I'm always a little leery of "cooking" wheels and possibly compromising their strength.....maybe I'm paranoid tho.

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member
You forgot the tank bag tank ring and chain adjusters...

I've seen on eBay a Chinese foot shift lever that is presumably similar you your based on the brake lever but I can't be sure because you did not post a photo of the left rear set assembly (or any good shots of your screen mods). Below are photos of a FZ-09 foot shift lever I've seen on Ebay and Amazon (I presume would fit the FJ-09) that I annotated with dimension lines and sent to a seller to provide dimension but they never responded. I wanted to know if the adjustable forward setting of the "toe peg" is extended farther forward to OEM; as I need more room. I've not seen a matching separate foot brake lever on eBay. If your shift lever appears similar, does it offer increased length. I don't care for the colors available and would paint it aluminum silver or all black.

https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Shift-Pedal-Lever-2014-2015/dp/B01G8L3AXI

FJ-09_Foot_Shift_Lever_Dim_-_Bot_Vw_r.jpg

FJ-09_Foot_Shift_Lever_Dim_-_Side_Vw_r1.jpg

I have the shift lever in your photos on my FJ 09. In the fully extended position, it is about 1/2 inch longer than stock. Perfect for me. I had to change the bolt that holds the shift linkage to the lever. I installed a longer bolt and added a nylock nut to prevent the bolt from coming loose. It's a nice set-up with the modification.
john

Archived