my first test ride (forks by Matt)

mclovin

I tried the intermediate package from forks by Matt and he also hooked me up with a stock shock rebuilt by north western (I think that the name)

I finally got a chance to take the bike for a ride today and I was impressed at how good this set up worked. All the harshness of the stock suspension is gone. I am paralyzed and have two steel rods in my back. Before I could feel every crack or bump in the road and the front end would dive hard when using the front brake. This bike actually hurt my back when I hit pot holes or certain bumps. But today the ride was so good that I forgot I was testing the forks and ended up just enjoying the ride. I am very happy with my decision to use forks by Matt. I just thought I would share my experience. 

• Supporting Member
That is great to hear. I currently have a new shock en-route from Traxxion Dynamics and am planning on having Matt do my forks sometime after the start of the new year.

Just curious, how long can you stay in the saddle in your condition? I tend to lean and move around in the seat as I ride, I'm glad that the suspension upgrade has helped you enjoy riding more.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Just curious, how long can you stay in the saddle in your condition? I tend to lean and move around in the seat as I ride, I'm glad that the suspension upgrade has helped you enjoy riding more.
Funny you ask this question. I just built this bike and on my third ride, I rode about 160 miles on that hard ass stock seat and I ended up with a blister on the ball of my left foot and the start of a pressure sore on my tale bone. So I just remade my floor boards and built a new seat. I cut out the foam in my seat and put a air hawk cushion inside it. It looks stock but much better on my tail bone. I am not sure how far I can go yet as I only put about 50 miles on it today. The hole reason I built this bike is to be able to do some multiple day rides with my son's but I am going to have to work up to it. I should probably explain that since I haven't walked in 11yrs, I have no muscle in my ass anymore, so it's just my tail bone against my skin. have to be carfull

• Premium Member
Funny you ask this question. I just built this bike and on my third ride, I rode about 160 miles on that hard ass stock seat and I ended up with a blister on the ball of my left foot and the start of a pressure sore on my tale bone. So I just remade my floor boards and built a new seat. I cut out the foam in my seat and put a air hawk cushion inside it. It looks stock but much better on my tail bone. I am not sure how far I can go yet as I only put about 50 miles on it today. The hole reason I built this bike is to be able to do some multiple day rides with my son's but I am going to have to work up to it. I should probably explain that since I haven't walked in 11yrs, I have no muscle in my ass anymore, so it's just my tail bone against my skin. have to be carfull
Damn, you are an inspiration. Well done. Screw the posiers, you are a rider.

Archived