Hello From SoCal!!

chadman

• Premium Member
Hello FeeJay'ers!!

I've joined your ranks today!

I've been riding since high school back in (ahem) 1984. Started off on a scooter and then a small dirtbike, but quickly got into GPz's and Interceptors. Did the Keith Code school way back in '87. Had a lot of fun burning up the roads around Orange County in SoCal.

Put motorcycles on hold during the 90's to try being a rockstar via drums and computers. Didn't work out, but had a lot of fun.

Got back into bikes in the mid 90's when my friends started to ride. Got kinda sucked into the canyon squid scene and lost a friend on Angeles Crest. Not good times, but we all thought we were invincible. Backed out of street riding for a while and did a few seasons of YSR racing with CMRRA. Most fun I've had with my clothes on. Got back into canyon racing a bit, but was smart enough to call it a day in 2004.

Stopped riding for a while to start a family, then got back on in 2012 but was promptly rear-ended at a red-light. Wife and kids were not impressed, so bikes went back on pause again. Started up a roads website called Twistypedia (because I used to do websites) to keep me focused on bikes without owning one.

Now I've got the bug to ride again and now that the kids are a bit older figured now's the time. Unfortunately, the only time I'm going to have to ride will be commuting and maybe a road trip every few months, so the FJ fit my perceived needs and budget perfectly.

Picked up my new '16 Raven yesterday, and, of course, dropped the dime for the lifetime premium membership here, since I'm sure I'll get my $$ worth out of this site.

Happy riding everyone!

Chadman http://www.twistypedia.com
The roster: '79 Honda XL 125 '83, Honda Ascot VT500, '84 Kawasaki GPz 550, '83 Honda VF700, '86 Kawasaki Ninja 600, '87 Kawasaki Ninja 1000, '84 Suzuki GSX-R 750, '96 Honda CBR600F, '98 Kawasaki ZX-7R, '85 Kawasaki Ninja 600, '01 Suzuki GSX-R 750, '16 Yamaha FJ-09, '15 Yamaha FJR1300ES, KTM 1290 Super Duke GT

• Premium Member

IMG_1136.jpg

Chadman http://www.twistypedia.com
The roster: '79 Honda XL 125 '83, Honda Ascot VT500, '84 Kawasaki GPz 550, '83 Honda VF700, '86 Kawasaki Ninja 600, '87 Kawasaki Ninja 1000, '84 Suzuki GSX-R 750, '96 Honda CBR600F, '98 Kawasaki ZX-7R, '85 Kawasaki Ninja 600, '01 Suzuki GSX-R 750, '16 Yamaha FJ-09, '15 Yamaha FJR1300ES, KTM 1290 Super Duke GT

Welcome!

I grew up in OC and we're about the same age... and I'm sure we tore up some of the same roads: Angeles Crest, Palomar Mtn, Ortega Hwy... ;)

In the late 80's I was riding with a group called Sport Riders of Orange County (SROC). I moved to AZ in '93. I miss some of the roads, but not much else!

You're going to love the FJ9... perfect commuter, and it can still tear up some of those great roads in CA!

• Premium Member
Welcome aboard. I see you purchased from Wheels in motion in the Valley. That is about 15 minutes from my place in Northridge. Enjoy your return to riding.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived