Another SoCal FJ Owner Reporting In!

chadman

Let's do it! Just got mine this weekend adh have already taken it up Angeles Crest highway for it's first of many tastes of the Twisties. Looking forward to meeting some of the SoCal members of our forum.
Sounds great asaulo1, Angeles crest is great on week days and somewhat dangerous on weekends.[known reputation] 
Which day of week do you prefer riding?...sure is a great bike for canyons and touring ? ...especially with a good windshield.

I ride ACH almost every weekend. Sometimes twice a weekend. We usually go the back route via Sunland thru 9 mile which is a lot less crowded. I know what you mean about it being dangerous. Just this Sunday on my first run up to Newcomb's Ranch on the FJ-09, there was a pretty bad accident where a Honda S2000 (convertible cager) flipped and the driver had to be air lifted to the hospital. They were having a big meet up with almost 100 cars and you know how kids get when there's a chance to show off. Anyway, hope he makes it.
Going back to our ride, we can try to do it on a Friday after lunch or so or even early on the weekends when the roads are still pretty empty.
Ride safe out there.

2e43f91f8f6e26f0c0fd4469c29b59f2.jpg
Traffic was stopped for almost an hour

95858d08125d8c9ccc6cc6b6e175a46c.jpg
They had to use the Jaws of life to free him from his car

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
this so cal thread seems to be dead. anyone riding weekdays?
I've available most.
did some santa monicas then the 150 to ojai last friday. great stuff. just over 200 miles total.
my friend who used to do long rides with me had to quit riding. bummer.
so now I'm looking for a riding partner or group of people to do longer day spins.

• 1 month later...
I am in Oceanside CA and would like to meet others that enjoy weekend rides.  Any interest out there in Northern San Diego County?
I'm right next door in Vista! I usually take out the FZ10 on weekends and commute with the Tracer though. But I'm down for some rides, I've only been in socal since Feb so I still have a lot of exploring to do 

Thanks for replying to my post. I am new to both the Forum and the Tracer 900 GT. I recently parted with my 2005 Kawasaki ZZR1200 after 13 fun filled years. Back with Yamaha (former RD-350, RD-400, XS-750 rider). I'm originally from Washington state (I noticed we shared the Mt St Helens experience) and moved down here about two years ago. Let me know if you are interested in meeting for coffee or ?? and we can see if our schedules align for a ride.

Funny how things work out. I was actually there looking for a Kawasaki Concours 14, but they sold the one I had arranged to test ride. I had seen the Tracer 900 GT before but not really considered it as a replacement for my ZZR 1200. Read some reviews, took it for a test ride and was hooked! No regrets

Archived