Do I need to transfer the warranty?

• Premium Member
Hmmm. Was just thinking when I bought my FJ-09 it was still like new. Does anyone know if and how I transfer the factory warranty over to me as the new owner?

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

• Premium Member
Hmmm. Was just thinking when I bought my FJ-09 it was still like new. Does anyone know if and how I transfer the factory warranty over to me as the new owner?
in the UK the warranty is with the frame no. not owner - all work on the bike is logged on the Yamaha computer system and accessible by any official dealer. If there is a recall, they check the government registration and send a letter to the most recent recorded keeper. If you rock up for a service and there is an outstanding recall repair then the computer will automatically flag this. Any warranty work is authorised through this system. 

Do you not have a similar system in FJ land? 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I wouldn't even worry about doing it, Yamaha will just fight you on everything anyways.

@josh,
Sorry that is your experience. I'm happy to say not mine. I have a good dealer and service person who will work with me... or I assume any customer. ?

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

Archived