Install of a motodynamic sequential LED brake light

catrike16

Hi All,
Has anyone used this product?
I am going to keep the OEM turn signals, I am adding the LED with intergrated turn signals.
I have bought the light, plus a splitter and a resistor bypass harness.
The light is supplied with a subharness.
The shop has given me conflicting information.
Do I need to use the subharness, the guy on the phone today says no, just the resistor bypass and the splitter.
Amyone got any experience with this and how did you fit it.

I will walk outside and take some pictures of my install... Its been a while, but I know I didn't use the resistors and I think the sub-harness allows it to be plug and play into the OEM connectors... otherwise its pigtail type connectors... hard to remember. give me an hour and I will post up some pics.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

@catrike16...ok, I have the same setup that you are going for (except I installed LED turn signals instead of OEM). I have the integrated tail light plugged straight into the resistor bypass harness, which plugs into the splitter. The sub-harness with the resistors attached is not used. Although if you didn't/don't get the resistor bypass harness, you can simply cut the black wire going to the resistor, remove the resistor, and accomplish the same thing as the bypass. I personally didn't feel like cutting the sub-harness so I went with the bypass, which sounds like the same thing you want to do.

In the picture below, the red arrow is pointing to the splitter (black and red wires) which is connected to the OEM plug for the turn signals. The top blue arrow is pointing to where the bypass harness plugs into the splitter, and the bottom blue arrow is where the bypass plugs into the pigtail connections from the taillight. Really straight forward, plug and play installation. There is also one more connection for the brake light, which you cannot see in the picture, but it also plugs directly into the OEM connection. less than 30 min install.

JvBmjBk.jpg?4

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Thank you so much for taking the time to do that.
Really appreciated
The splitter comes as a pair, so I assume one plugs into the OEM turn signals for left and one for right?
The black connector with the white cable tie is the brake light that connects to the OEM harness, correct?

Thank you so much for taking the time to do that. Really appreciated
The splitter comes as a pair, so I assume one plugs into the OEM turn signals for left and one for right?
The black connector with the white cable tie is the brake light that connects to the OEM harness, correct?
Correct, you will use both splitters to plug into the OEM harnesses for the left and right signals (one each between the little plastic storage tray and subframe). They will split the power/signal from the bike so that you can have the integrated turn signals and OEM turn signals active at the same time.

The brake light connector is a white plug. It's so obvious where it connects that I didn't feel the need to post a picture of it.

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Tried the install, must have cocked up somewhere, I got solid left OEM turn and hazard LED
Have removed everything and re installed old light but now have no turn signal running lights?
Fuse blown?
If it is where will I find the offending fuse and are there spares?
i still have rear tail and full turn and reg plate lights but no rear turn  running lights.
I think I know where I went wrong

*DISCLAIMER* This is not an official guide.... Just an example of how I installed my tail lights. Work on your bike at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damages that may occur.

1. Trace the OEM turn signal wires back to their connections on the OEM harness... (noting which one goes to the right signal and which one goes to the left)

2. Unplug one, plug the splitter into the OEM harness (from bike), then plug the turn signal into the splitter. Do the same thing for the other turn signal. One OEM turn signal per splitter.

3. On the open plugs of the splitters, plug in the "resistor bypass harness"... Blue wire is the left signal, Yellow wire is the right signal.

4. Connect the pigtail connections from the taillight into the bypass harness to the corresponding color wires.

5. Plug in the taillight/brake light connection (white connector)

6. Turn on the power and check everything (If the signals are backwards, switch the harnesses to correct)

The tag light/license plate light connector is very similar in looks and location as turn signal connectors, but since you are keeping the OEM turn signal and license plate assembly, you should not have to mess with this connection. Also, I doubt you blew a fuse, but I guess its possible. It sounds like you may have attached the left signal to the tag light connection.

*DISCLAIMER* This is not an official guide.... Just an example of how I installed my tail lights. Work on your bike at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damages that may occur.

Fayetteville, GA, USA

...*DISCLAIMER* This is not an official guide.... Just an example of how I installed my tail lights. Work on your bike at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damages that may occur.
...this needs to precede the instructions... it may already be too late!! :o
Sad that we live in a world of disclaimers and no personal responsibility

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Hi duhs10,
I really appreciate your help and would never hold you responsible for my mistake, I really appreciate it.
So the oem indicator harness has one female and one male connector here is that correct?
I really appreciate your help, the bike is stock and doesn't have LED signals up front?

Yes, the female is from the bike wiring harness and the male is from the turn signals (1 set of male/female per turn signal).

The splitter should have 1 male and 2 female. The male of the splitter goes into the female of the bike harness. then the male of the turn signal connector goes into 1 of the female connectors of the splitter. one of the male plugs of the resistor bypass harness goes into the other female of the splitter (again, blue is left, yellow is right).

So each splitter should be attached to the bike harness and then have 1 signal and 1 of the resistor bypass plugs.

You with me?

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Archived