Rev Limit and Top Speed per Gear

• Premium Member
does it really matter? For me the rev limit is higher than I need and the top speed in each gear is adequate. Our highest speed limit in the UK is 70mph and the bike can do twice that with a tail wind
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Rev limit is 11250k RPM. 1st gear gets you to about 60mph, 2nd to 80ish, 3rd to 100ish, 4th 5th and 6th to 115mph due to the limiter (unless you are in EU or have the ECU flashed).

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Thanks all,

The chart that Alejandro posted is exactly what I was looking for, and thank you duhs10 for posting the rev limit.

To answer all your questions, no it doesn't really matter, but I like to know. I do know that the bike is plenty fast in each gear, and the speed limiter of 115 is also plenty fast despite coming up very quick.

Also, I'm having a competition with my buddies to see who can post the fasted 0-60 time. I think I might win :)

• Premium Member
Also, I'm having a competition with my buddies to see who can post the fasted 0-60 time. I think I might win :)

Cool! How quick a time? GPS-verified? First gear, I assume? How do you keep woolies at bay? Any special techniques?

It's an app called "GPS Acceleration" that uses GPS which I have found to be pretty accurate. It automatically resets each time you stop, and keeps a history of your attempts. I just ran the app on my way home from work the other day and checked the history when I got home. Had a couple 20-30 sec 0-60s (just from normal traffic), but was surprised to see that I hit 4.6sec in second gear without trying. I doubt I hit 9k RPMs. I'm thinking that 3.5 will be easy, and 3 may be attainable with a bit of practice.

Just something to play around with.

How's your clutch bearing up?
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

Clutch still feels new and hasn't needed adjustment. I'm more of a get it in gear/hooked up and let 'er rip kind of guy for normal riding, but I think people really underestimate the amount of abuse a wet clutch can take. I probably have 100s of hours of slipping clutch abuse on my dirt bike, and it still feels great. Plus they are cheap and easy to replace, which is a small trade off for the amount of fun you can have while abusing them!

Archived