Tyres

Hi everyone,

Having only just taken receipt of my FJ 09, I was wondering what people thought of the Dunlop 222's?  Up to now I've been a Michelin PR man, so may swap the Dunlop's as I hear they don't warm up that quickly and over here in the UK it's cold and wet more often than its sunny and warm....:)

Cheers

G70

Hi everyone, 
Having only just taken receipt of my FJ 09, I was wondering what people thought of the Dunlop 222's?  Up to now I've been a Michelin PR man, so may swap the Dunlop's as I hear they don't warm up that quickly and over here in the UK it's cold and wet more often than its sunny and warm....:)

Cheers

G70

Sticky. I like them. I'm on the West Coast of Canada. Been riding between about 5 -15 degrees Celsius and they've been really nice.

Hi everyone, 

Cheers

G70
I too like Michelin PR 3s(5 sets).  Have also run PR 4s(1 set) and 2's(4 sets).  But I like these D222's.  I have ridden in wet and cold (45) and was surprised as to the grip and good manners.  Of course the bike is just that good that it makes you feel at ease and leaning over in the wet feels good so I think these D222 are a good tire.  I can't find a vender for them yet, but will be looking in a month or two.  If they don't stock them then, I will go back to the PRs.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
I like the tires so far. David and I got stuck in a downpoor, and the tires never slipped. They lean over very nice and neutral, and are very confidence inspiring. I would keep them until they wear out if I was you. I loved the Bridgtone t-30 GT tires on my FJR for the same reasons, but they only lasted 5,000 miles to the cords. Got 5,000 out of my old Michelin PR2s with more wear left, but they got scarey when the front tire knifes up on the edges, so I replaced them (2 times!).
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived