Which ECU mail in?

sheridan

Guys, need your help. Just cannot decide to whom to send my ECU :(

First of all, I'm from Ukraine. So sorry for my English :) 200 bucks is medium month's salary here. So I look for cheapest way. So, no 2wheeldynoworks for me :(

I decided to send my ECU to Vcyclenut ($200+ship costs around $100) but today I found Veloxracing offer for $157. Here it is: http://www.veloxracing.com/wp/product/yamaha-mail-in-flash-tune-service/?v=3943d8795e03

I just thought to myself - what the difference between all these offers? What Vcyclenut can do Veloxracing cannot? I wrote an email to Veloxracing. Several emails... But still cannot decide :( Also there is the thread on our forum about ActiveTune http://fj-09.org/thread/4800/flash-tune-active-afr with great feedback from Mikeyb. 

My Tracer is European 2015. I'm not ready yet to get an Akro for it. Maybe DIY Mod for stock exhaust. BTW when we discussed options for reflash with Velox, they informed me the next: "The decel Injec cut improves throttle on/off so it's not so much like a switch, we can only do this if you have a de-cat fitted otherwise the cat will melt" But everything I need my Tracer to be smooth. Without this on|off throttle.

Guys, what to do? Who to choose? Or find some money and buy ActiveTune? I just need Tracer to be perfect as possible :)

Thank you in advance.

What are you looking to change about the ECU?
There are a few diffrences between USA and EU spec ECU, such as speed limiter in 5th and 6th gears for USA bikes for example...

Have you tried the other ride modes such as A, B or STD?... A mode is most aggressive and B mode is the softest power of the 3 and it does not have the twitchy throttle some people complain about in A mode...

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Have you tried the other ride modes such as A, B or STD?... A mode is most aggressive and B mode is the softest power of the 3 and it does not have the twitchy throttle some people complain about in A mode... 

I need Tracer for city, touring and track days. B mode is not enough :)

Archived