• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Shad Ordering Process

Last week I ordered my Shad SH36 panniers.  In addition to the mounting brackets (of course) I got the inside bags as well.  I ordered the bags over the phone since I was trying to get the inside bags for free.  I ended up getting a 5% discount on everything.  I was happy with the price especially considering what Yamaha wants for their bags.  Now this is where the problem begins, aside from my frequent calls to Daniel, the Shad rep, I have no verification whatsoever that I have ordered my bags.  There is nothing on "My account" on their website, nothing in my email, no tracking info, no nothing.  Daniel keeps stating that he is on it but I've caught him in so many lies that I don't believe a word he says.  I'll give them 2 more weeks then I'm  cancelling my order.  Has anyone else had any experience with Shad? 
Brad
Selbyville, DE

• Premium Member
The only issue I had when I ordered mine was that it came with the clear reflectors when I asked for the red. The red cost more, and I realized after receiving mine with the clear ones that they didn't charge me for them. I called and explained that I ordered the red ones online. They sent me a pair of red ones for free. My only regret is that I didn't order the inner bags.

Thanks for the info, I have Mikes name on a email I received from them. Unfortunately the only person I have been able to get a hold of is Daniel. When I do talk to him it sounds like he is working from home based on all the background noises not to mention a phone connection that is so broken it's hard to communicate. I will try to get a hold of Mike again.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

I preordered mine with bags when they had the initial deal, and yes much cheaper than stock when you include the tip case. The order process took well over a month and communication was painful. I did get everything and am happy with the only regret being I went with the smaller sh39 top case. The Pfeiffer pictures showed a backrest which was apparently not included and not indicated. I called and they sent this to me for all of the trouble the pre orders went through. Shad USA communications are poor, so this doesn't seem unusual to me.

Last week I ordered my Shad SH36 panniers.  In addition to the mounting brackets (of course) I got the inside bags as well.  I ordered the bags over the phone since I was trying to get the inside bags for free.  I ended up getting a 5% discount on everything.  I was happy with the price especially considering what Yamaha wants for their bags.  Now this is where the problem begins, aside from my frequent calls to Daniel, the Shad rep, I have no verification whatsoever that I have ordered my bags.  There is nothing on "My account" on their website, nothing in my email, no tracking info, no nothing.  Daniel keeps stating that he is on it but I've caught him in so many lies that I don't believe a word he says.  I'll give them 2 more weeks then I'm  cancelling my order.  Has anyone else had any experience with Shad? 

Brad
Selbyville, DE

I received my complete order today and already have them installed. I ordered the SH36 bags, inner bags and mounts on February 21st. I was expecting delivery in no more than a week based on their website and feedback on the forum. As stated I received them today, more than 3 weeks later. At first I was pretty unhappy with the service provided. I must admit I became a pain in their ass with my almost daily phone calls and emails. The rep that I was dealing with the entire time, Daniel, never lost patience with me. Per Daniel part of my order was on back order but was shipped out in a little over 3 weeks. The product looks extremely well manufactured and looks great on the bike. After all said and done I can recommend their product along with the customer service provided. Just make sure you are a patient person.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

• 2 weeks later...
Did you buy the top box as well?  Yamaha Canada could get everything?  Their online store doesn't seem to show much of SHAD products.
No I won't be getting a top box for my bike.  I don't care for the way they look on the FJ09.  A tank bag is in my future though. 
Brad
Selbyville, DE

• Premium Member
I received my complete order today and already have them installed. I ordered the SH36 bags, inner bags and mounts on February 21st. I was expecting delivery in no more than a week based on their website and feedback on the forum. As stated I received them today, more than 3 weeks later. At first I was pretty unhappy with the service provided. I must admit I became a pain in their ass with my almost daily phone calls and emails. The rep that I was dealing with the entire time, Daniel, never lost patience with me. Per Daniel part of my order was on back order but was shipped out in a little over 3 weeks. The product looks extremely well manufactured and looks great on the bike. After all said and done I can recommend their product along with the customer service provided. Just make sure you are a patient person.
how much did all that cost? (if you don't mind me asking)

Archived