It stopped raining, so I tried out my new Dunlop RS3's

• Premium Member
...oh my, I'm in trouble... incidentally I just picked up a cheap action cam... this looks like a lot of fun. Do you like the tires? 

Of course, any tire would feel good after those worn out D222's, but they appear to perform as advertised.

Precise handling and feedback?  Check!

Less rider input required for steering?  Check!

Wet weather grip?  Not tested.

I like them 8-)

• Premium Member
Perfect camera positioning...the speedo is juuuust beyond view, so as not to incriminate oneself? ;) Nice ride there, looks like a fun section of road.
Thanks for noticing... it's all about attention to detail. ;)  

I had one heck of a fun ride that day! :D

• Premium Member
Have you read the reviews about front end instability and recommendations to reduce tire pressure to alleviate if not eliminate the issue?
I have not heard about any instability issues, but I haven't seen any reviews yet really either.  I didn't notice any issues during my ride, but was running low pressure @ 30fr/39rr.  Is this issue above 100 mph, 'cuz I'm not around there that often?  Do you know the recommended PSI to address the issue if it shows up?

• Premium Member
...oh my, I'm in trouble... incidentally I just picked up a cheap action cam... this looks like a lot of fun.
It's fun when it all works.  Dealing with vibrations, bad audio, wind noise, camera operation, etc... not as fun.

My problem: My GoPro knock-off case had a solid waterproof back and a back with two openings (for improved audio).  For my purposes, neither worked for audio well - one was muted to no audio, the other was all wind noise.  Also, having to operate the camera during the ride (on/off, battery changes, etc) was not for me.

My solution: I needed to use the cameras dash-cam mode (starts/stops recording with ignition on/off).  I never have to touch the unit during a ride and it gets everything with a 64GB card.  You need to connect the camera to power for the dash-cam feature to work, this also means no battery changes ever.  Since the case allowed no ability to connect power to the camera once in the case, I made a hole with drills and files.  I surrounded the power cord / case connection space with museum putty to eliminate wind noise - and it still lets the engine/exhaust come through nicely (with the WP back) and keeps it water resistant.  I used a zip tie to secure the USB plug from its propensity to vibrate out eventually, always, no matter what. 

Now I just ride!

Nonetheless, I look forward to your future videos!

5131447.jpg

5131449.jpg

5131451.jpg

Archived