Anyone with either the optional FJ-09 or FJR hard saddlebags

Could someone tell me the (inside) distance between the hard bags when mounted on your FJ-09?
Looking at options for a tail tidy with or without using the original rear turn signals and my bike is in off-site storage.
Anyone install a tail tidy and using the stock turn signals & hard bags?
Thanks!

• Supporting Member
Could someone tell me the (inside) distance between the hard bags when mounted on your FJ-09? Looking at options for a tail tidy with or without using the original rear turn signals and my bike is in off-site storage.
Anyone install a tail tidy and using the stock turn signals & hard bags?
Thanks!

I am using the factory FJ bags and rear rack on mine. Looking from the rear of the bike forward, the bags actually step into a progressively narrower distance. The width on the first step (closest to the rear) is a bit over 13.5", while the width on the next step is barely 11".

For what it's worth, I'm running the stock setup (other than removing the stock license plate bracket & mounting the plate directly to the fender) and think it all looks fine with the bags and rack.
c33edc2482e4a98cad0caa10bd5b59aa.jpga1700e3f9e9aa94390f21f27f32b6141.jpgdef9715e037b9503b5558c6665b81536.jpg437a82ce3d9944798eb0daf5373ccd09.jpg

xcsp, 
You won't be using the stock pumpkins with any version of a tidy tail. MotoDynamic is in your future or some of the dainty LED lights.
You are correct, from what I'm seeing of the space between the bags I will most likely be going the way of a MotoDynamics taillight & tail tidy. 

Archived