Brake Light Project

I've fitted the MCC cruise control to my Tracer in conjunction with the Skene Photon Booster / P3 brake light system. There have been no problems at all. That situation may be different with "flashing brake lights" as described by MCC however. 

Can you have a LED brake light and the original OEM turn signals?  My concern is will the flash rate be messed up for the turn signals if I add a flash relay for the LED brake light? 
I did go to Motodynamic website... not bad at all.
Yes . No. You can run the brake light with all OEM signals and a Led flash relay. And for the future if you switch the signals to led you are already ready to use em. I think if you used 2 OEM signals and 2 LED signals and the signals in the brake light it still should be ok with the stock flasher.

• 2 months later...
I just added the Motodynamic and also maintained the stock rear turn signals. I ordered the suggested splitter (Y) wiring at the same time for about $12. Entire install was simple. When retaining the stock signals you need to snip the small black wires going to the resistors in the MD taillight harness. The included instructions were clear and easy to follow. I really like this taillight, too.

Archived