MIVV exhaust or go another route?

Batgirl

• Premium Member
I am wanting to change out the exhaust on my 2015 FJ, and I like the look and sound of the MIVV, but if I am understanding, I will have to lose the center stand, which I don't want to do.  Is there an exhaust option where I won't lose the center stand?  Is it possible to go with the MIVV and keep a functioning center stand?  I have searched the forum and I find threads that say yes and threads that say no.  Anyone with the MIVV that has kept their center stand?  

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Bit the bullet and ordered the MIVV (Thank you to sportbikes4hireshop.com for getting this ordered and delivered quickly). ECU is currently at 2wheeldynoworks, should be on it's way back to me tomorrow. Exhaust and ECU, hopefully, will be reinstalled this weekend and a test ride made on Sunday.
Resized_20170412_172704.jpg

Resized_20170412_180631.jpg

Resized_20170412_191828.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
The previously listed photo was the wrong exhaust. Thanks to Sportbikes4Hire Shop, I got the right exhaust and got it installed a few weekends ago. The ECU was sent to 2WheelDynoWorks for the reflash (after reading several ECU threads). Thank you to Nels at 2WheelDynoWorks for answering all of my questions (and I had a lot). He was great to work with and got my ECU flashed and back out to me very quickly.

The new exhaust looks great on the bike and I was able to get it installed easily. I was also able to keep and use the center stand with the Mivv exhaust. The db killer has been removed from the exhaust and it has a nice growl to it.

The ECU flash and exhaust change have completely transformed this bike. I knew from other threads that the bike would be different, but I honestly did not expect a complete 180 change. I summed the difference up as "Clark Kent went in the phone booth and my bike came out". The FJ was a great bike before, but man, it is a wonderful bike now. When I finished installing the exhaust, I took it out for a short ride and some videos to show a few out of state friends. This past weekend, I took it for a 150 mile ride. I find that all you have to do is think about giving it throttle and it goes. There is no hesitation and just a little throttle can throw you back in the saddle, if you aren't prepared. The bike is smooth and a great ride. If you are thinking about the ECU flash or changing the exhaust, 2WheelDynoWorks for the flash and the Mivv exhaust is a great choice.

20170512_193145.jpg

20170512_193138.jpg

20170512_193130.jpg

20170512_193122.jpg

20170512_091550.jpg

If you get a chance to I'd love to hear a clip of what this sounds like. Was gonna just go the yoshimura route but this is intriguing.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

• Premium Member
If you get a chance to I'd love to hear a clip of what this sounds like. Was gonna just go the yoshimura route but this is intriguing.

This is one of the videos.

Here is one in action.

And one other in action.

• Premium Member
Bit the bullet and ordered the MIVV (Thank you to sportbikes4hireshop.com for getting this ordered and delivered quickly). 
So, the PJ part of "PJ's Parts" from the sound of it?

Yes, this is the PJ part, formerly of PJ's parts.

@batgirl is that Atlanta Motor Speedway in the background.. this is right down the street from where I live.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Thanks for the clips, sounds awesome.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

Archived