Install my Garmin 660 GPS

happyjackadv

I just bought a new to me 2015 FJ-09. Picking it up in a few weeks. I'll be mounting my Garmin 660 GPS on it using the Garmin Moto Mount. I'll need to use a Ram Mount or similar to attach the Garmin Mount to the bike. How and in what location have others mounted these? Info and pictures would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Jack 

I just bought a new to me 2015 FJ-09. Picking it up in a few weeks. I'll be mounting my Garmin 660 GPS on it using the Garmin Moto Mount. I'll need to use a Ram Mount or similar to attach the Garmin Mount to the bike. How and in what location have others mounted these? Info and pictures would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Jack 
Best place to mount if you want to use it while moving is above above the instrument panel. Then you can still keep your eyes on the road and spot that deer jumping out of the hedge! You can get RAM mounts that bolt behind the screen like this, or, you can make your own.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GPS-Phone-Holder-RamMount-Type-fit-for-Yamaha-MT-09-Tracer-FJ-09-15-16-Brand-New-/112252003464?hash=item1a22bda488:g:wHQAAOSwgmJXz6TG&vxp=mtr

I mounted the 660 to a ram ball on top of the handlebar riser, thereby keeping the 660 visually lower than the dash panel and close enough that I didn't have to lean forward to adjust.  The gps should be close enough that it is easy to work.  Like this:

Pano_1_H_1080.jpg

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
Best place to mount if you want to use it while moving is above above the instrument panel. Then you can still keep your eyes on the road and spot that deer jumping out of the hedge! You can get RAM mounts that bolt behind the screen like this, or, you can make your own.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GPS-Phone-Holder-RamMount-Type-fit-for-Yamaha-MT-09-Tracer-FJ-09-15-16-Brand-New-/112252003464?hash=item1a22bda488:g:wHQAAOSwgmJXz6TG&vxp=mtr

I recently installed this mounting plate on my FJ and like it alot! I originally had my 660 mounted on the handlebar below the instrument cluster, but like it much better mounted above.

I recently installed this mounting plate on my FJ and like it alot! I originally had my 660 mounted on the handlebar below the instrument cluster, but like it much better mounted above.

I have the ebay ram mount holder and I am not to happy with it. It vibrates alot. And you mine is the new cosmo version.

• Premium Member
I have the ebay ram mount holder and I am not to happy with it. It vibrates alot. And you mine is the new cosmo version.
The (newer) plate isn't the problem. How long is your RAM mount arm? Shorter the better.

Archived