shad rack + shad side rack install instructions

Hi, anyone seen a how to on how to install the shad rear rack along with the side racks? I already have the side racks installed on the bike and I just received the top rack but the instructions dont show the installation of the top rack along with the side rack. I'm sure I'll figure it out but if I can find some basic instructions I'm sure it can save me some time.

thanks

I think I should figure it out now, thanks for the info about the base plate, I havent received it yet and I was gona try the install without it. I may start it anyways but as you mentioned I'll let the thing take shape so I'll just put the bolts really loose to see how it goes. I also diden't get longer bolts yet so... anyways the fork and shocks are getting upgraded right now so I can't ride it, plus its pretty cold still so I'm not in a hurry and I can take my time with it.

I fiddled with this much longer than I needed to. What I found that worked best was to attach the bracket to the pilloon pegs loosely at first. Then loosely assemble the top case base, then work with the points that attach to the seat. I kind of tightened everything little by little.

My top case frame is on the inside of the side case frame.

I've been able to look at a few bikes with top and side case frames and none of them are the same.

• Premium Member
...that's just how they fit better IMO, and the opposite side of that top case bracket is flat... without the overhang to get in a way. Couple of ways to skin that cat for sure.
  I guess I was lucky, I bought my bike used with the bags already mounted so somebody else had to figure it out.
BLB

• 1 month later...
So after a lot of follow up with the Shad US guys who followed up with the Shad Europe factory, they have updated their instruction guide & emailed me a copy of the same. Attached for future reference for others.
Shad_pg_1.png

Shad_pg_2.png

Archived