• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Hello

ironsport

Well I have been looking at different adventure style bikes and today I test rode a left over 2015 and must say I'm impressed. I would like to know more about this machine good , bad or indifferent ? Any information or known problems ? Thanks in advance ! 8-)

Well I have been looking at different adventure style bikes and today I test rode a left over 2015 and must say I'm impressed. I would like to know more about this machine good , bad or indifferent ? Any information or known problems ? Thanks in advance ! 8-)
Best all around bike I've ever owned. Stock the FJ is really a light sport tourer. Since you mentioned the "adventure" class, I would war you that if you plan to take it off road, you will need to set aside some funds for a skid plate and crash bars.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Known issues and solutions: https://fj-09.org/board/29/fj-09-issues-solutions

If you have ridden the bike, you already know the good. It is a fun bike to ride, and can do a lot of stuff very well.

Good luck!

Whoa... who classified all of these as "issues"? A lot of these are what I call... The sky is falling! Heck if I believed that all of those were real issues I would never have purchased this bike!
This is a fantastic motorcycle! I'm enjoying the heck out of it. But it's not an adventure bike. I would like for Yamaha to use this motor to make the light weight Tenere. I have a 2014 Tenere ES and it is an adventure bike but it is a heavy bike! ... that or I'm getting old... what you say?... 70 is old!!! LOL!

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

• 2 weeks later...
I have had a tenere xt660z for 4 years. It's a whole multipurpose / adventure bike. I wanted a change and selected Fj 09. I have not ride it as much as I want, yet I like it much, specially the power and design. Not for Off road as the tenere, but you may enjoy the power, smoothness, comfort and even the motor sound of the fj.
If you see technical specs, both bikes weight the same, yet I can certainly feel the Fj 09 much lighter.

Archived