Yet another FNG from NE.

aeg

• Supporting Member
Welcome. I also came from a FZ1 prior to the FJ. There is a lot of good information here as well as a lot of helpful, knowledgeable folks willing to answer questions or offer advice.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Hi all, Moving from FZ1 to possibly the FJ-09. Hope to learn a thing a two to make my decision easier.  :)

Thanks,
-Alex

Are you in love with that 4 cylinder engine?  I have a friend with (3) FZ-1's.  One in NH, one in AZ, and one in OR.  He needed a more touring type bike and got an FJR, then another.  He is a 4 cylinder guy and nothing moves his spirit like doing 7-10,000 rpm in the twisties.  I can't keep up do to the high end speeds, but I'm happy with the FJ, riding with anyone on any bike.  My FJR will do 150+ so I don't care about that.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Welcome. I also came from a FZ1 prior to the FJ. There is a lot of good information here as well as a lot of helpful, knowledgeable folks willing to answer questions or offer advice.
Thank you betoney! 

Hi all, Moving from FZ1 to possibly the FJ-09. Hope to learn a thing a two to make my decision easier.  :)

Thanks,
-Alex

Are you in love with that 4 cylinder engine?  I have a friend with (3) FZ-1's.  One in NH, one in AZ, and one in OR.  He needed a more touring type bike and got an FJR, then another.  He is a 4 cylinder guy and nothing moves his spirit like doing 7-10,000 rpm in the twisties.  I can't keep up do to the high end speeds, but I'm happy with the FJ, riding with anyone on any bike.  My FJR will do 150+ so I don't care about that.
I think the FZ1 is an excellent bike. The reasons I am moving to the FJ-09 are the more relaxing ergoes, ABS, diff riding modes and hopefully a type of bike that will not tempt me to do dumb things on the roads ... and my FZ1 is totaled due to one of those dumb decision. 

The FJ isn't going to keep you from doing dumb things.  It has over 100 hp and 64 ft/lbs of torque.  A dumb thing may be turning off TC so you can wheelie.  The FJ will do just about every dumb thing you can think of that you may have done on the FZ, except go 154mph.  

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Archived