Extra lights?

Hi,
I just got my Fj 09, 2016. Loving it. Problem is that because of a health problem I cannot ride it much by now. Some of the tests I wanted to do, is determine if stock lights are good enough for on road at night. I have a tenere xt660z and stock lights are bad for night riding. I had to buy led lights and results were very good. If extra light would be good on Fj 09, I'd be moving the leds to it.
From your experience, would it be needed in Fj 09?

Hi, I just got my Fj 09, 2016. Loving it. Problem is that because of a health problem I cannot ride it much by now. Some of the tests I wanted to do, is determine if stock lights are good enough for on road at night. I have a tenere xt660z and stock lights are bad for night riding. I had to buy led lights and results were very good. If extra light would be good on Fj 09, I'd be moving the leds to it.
I find the FJ-09s to be good stock, but if you will be doing a lot of night riding, adding LEDs never hurts.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Hi, I just got my Fj 09, 2016. Loving it. Problem is that because of a health problem I cannot ride it much by now. Some of the tests I wanted to do, is determine if stock lights are good enough for on road at night. I have a tenere xt660z and stock lights are bad for night riding. I had to buy led lights and results were very good. If extra light would be good on Fj 09, I'd be moving the leds to it.
I find the FJ-09s to be good stock, but if you will be doing a lot of night riding, adding LEDs never hurts.
I find the low beams lacking on the Hwy in the dark, lots of wildlife to worry about up north...  The High-beam fixes this, but only when no oncoming traffic. extra lights are nice to even out the spread and maybe give a little better distance.  

• 2 weeks later...
i put these on . mounted under stock . i like  to see , i have not been out at night yet . still cold here .  
very wide beam pattern 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MEBZRIK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Do you have pics? to see how the bike looks
You're paying far too much for these LEDS.   Perfectly acceptable ones are available on e-Bay for around $30.   I've installed three or four such LEDs on recent bikes and find them very good. 

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 2 months later...
In the FYI for inexpensive LED lights for m/c use .... not a real expert here, but...
there is what's called radio frequency interference (RFI) generated in most lighting types.
The higher end devices have shielding built in (and commercial / residential lights must meet an FCC regulation limiting same to be sold in the US).
I have found a lot of the lower cost Asian manufactured lights for automotive use don't comply.
To mitigate the problem, some folks apply a ferrite core around the wiring, others will wrap some parts with foil for shielding - and, for some lights, it just does not work.
Bought some a while back from an active vendor on another forum - great lights, great $$, but NOISY to any electronics.
Asked the vendor about them a year later after adding electronics, and response was, yes, a problem, but only if electronics are introduced. :-(
If one does not plan to interface with bluetooth and similar audio, or not riding with others that do, probably not a concern.
Otherwise, ask before buying - this has been a public service announcement.....

Archived