Fitting LED lights

stringman

Hi all
I have had my DRL (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2Pcs-New-10W-LED-12V-Off-road-Spot-Flash-Fog-Head-Light-Lamp-for-Car-Jeep-/221673171488?hash=item339cc02a20) installed for a while now but I suspect that the relay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-12V-AUTO-CAR-LED-DAYTIME-RUNNING-LIGHT-RELAY-HARNESS-DRL-CONTROLLER-ON-OFF-/191542655118?hash=item2c98d4f88e might well be faulty and has blown the lights.I want the lights to be on all the time the ignition is on so was hoping that there was a feed I could take the power from.
I already have a sat nav wired to one behind the screen so was hoping there was a spare feed somewhere. Any ideas?
the lights are 10w each so a total of 1.66a.
Thanks in advance

There are four connectors behind the windshield, one of which is normally taken by the accessory socket. You can use either of the two grey ones.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
There are four connectors behind the windshield, one of which is normally taken by the accessory socket. You can use either of the two grey ones.

Did we ever figure out where to get the corresponding 'other half' of those switched grey connectors? I'm currently using a USB outlet that works from the pigtail of my Battery Tender wiring... it works fine, but would like to do a more integrated install for auxiliary power, and like the idea of it being switched with the key.

I've searched a bit for it in various threads, but can't seem to find a definitive answer. Thanks in advance!

I have a growing collection of connectors that don't fit, so for me the answer is no. I did manage to take the innards out of a connector that didn't quite fit and put them inside the connector that is already there. That combination looks completely factory fit.

For my TomTom wiring I pulled the inner spades out of the ivory connector and soldered/heat shrink covered the new wires on as I couldn't get anything to fit.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Archived