Powermadd Risers

Anyone have any experience with these Powermadd risers, I have the Rox Anti-Vibration risers on now and find they tend to flex a tad more than I would like under heavy braking and would like to try something a little more solid. I have used the standard Rox risers in the past but as this riser is manufactured from one solid piece I thought it might provide the function I desire

http://www.powermadd.com/products/PowerRiser475.html

Cheers

Anyone have any experience with these Powermadd risers, I have the Rox Anti-Vibration risers on now and find they tend to flex a tad more than I would like under heavy braking and would like to try something a little more solid. I have used the standard Rox risers in the past but as this riser is manufactured from one solid piece I thought it might provide the function I desire 

Cheers

I'm always amazed at what others experience.  Flexing of the Rox Anti-Vibration risers?  I don't experince any flexing, but then I weight 152 lbs and have them on two inch posts vs. OEM posts.  I'm interesting in this flexing issue.  How much do you weigh, how are you braking so hard and any other clues as to why one would experience this and another doesn't.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Cheers

I'm always amazed at what others experience.  Flexing of the Rox Anti-Vibration risers?  I don't experince any flexing, but then I weight 152 lbs and have them on two inch posts vs. OEM posts.  I'm interesting in this flexing issue.  How much do you weigh, how are you braking so hard and any other clues as to why one would experience this and another doesn't.
I'm 240 lbs without gear, have them mounted on the OEM holders and I do hug the tank with my knee's when braking but they flex under heavy braking and maneuvering through the twisties. I snugged up the nut at the isolator a half turn and then up to a full turn to no avail. I had this same set up(different pair) on my DRZ400 and it never flexxed like this set does. My friend has a set that he never mounted that I might install for comparison but was thinking I would like to try a solid one piece unit for a change and just wanted to know if the cognoscenti had any knowledge or dealings with the Powermadd risers.  

I'm 240 lbs without gear, have them mounted on the OEM holders and I do hug the tank with my knee's when braking but they flex under heavy braking and maneuvering through the twisties. I snugged up the nut at the isolator a half turn and then up to a full turn to no avail. I had this same set up(different pair) on my DRZ400 and it never flexxed like this set does. My friend has a set that he never mounted that I might install for comparison but was thinking I would like to try a solid one piece unit for a change and just wanted to know if the cognoscenti had any knowledge or dealings with the Powermadd risers.
My fist suggestion would be to rotate the angle a little to see if that improved the flexing.  I'm assuming that you already have the handlebar mount set forward??  If not move it forward and rotate the ROX units.  Other than that, it must be your weight vs my lack of weight.  I suppose you don't have any problem putting it on the center stand when fully loaded?  :) 

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

No I have them pretty much in line with the bar holders, when I was out today with the set I borrowed from my friend it was a noticeable improvement. Almost zero flex so I am wondering if the pair I bought is the issue. Still would like to try the powermadd one piece unit for comparison.

Cheers

Archived