Tutoro chain oiler?

I am seriously considering a chain oiler for my FJ. I am not necessarily exploring dirt roads...but I live on dirt roads and I find more and more sand/grit on the chain. I am also coming from a shaft drive bike where there was virtually no maintenance.

I am interested in the Tutoro brand and wondered if anyone could offer their feedback? I've only found one reference of one person using this model...@wessie

While I am an IT guy by trade and enjoy gadgets...I like the simplicity of the Tutoro and how it operates. There are apparently no US distributors currently but I have been emailing the company directly and they will ship to me from the UK (I think?) at a pretty low rate.

Thank You 

Back in 2014, I bought one from AdventureTech for my V Strom. Great product. I sold the V Strom but kept the oiler. Now it's on my FJ. A little messy but I think all oilers are messy. My riding buddy also installed one on his FJ and is very happy.
john

Thanks for your feedback. It seems I've read with any oiler adjustment is key. Do you find it particularly difficult to get it set right or just the nature of a constantly "wet" chain? I've had chain drive before just been some years but I remember using a wax based lubricant.

Edit: I checked adventuretech and couldn't find this product but I could contact them before ordering direct.

• Premium Member
I am seriously considering a chain oiler for my FJ. I am not necessarily exploring dirt roads...but I live on dirt roads and I find more and more sand/grit on the chain. I am also coming from a shaft drive bike where there was virtually no maintenance. 
I am interested in the Tutoro brand and wondered if anyone could offer their feedback? I've only found one reference of one person using this model...@wessie

While I am an IT guy by trade and enjoy gadgets...I like the simplicity of the Tutoro and how it operates. There are apparently no US distributors currently but I have been emailing the company directly and they will ship to me from the UK (I think?) at a pretty low rate.

Thank You 
I've been using the Tutoro chain oiler for the past 20K miles.  I replaced the OEM chain at 11K miles and put on the Tutoro shortly after installing a new EK chain.  The Tutoro has been working great and the chain has only needed adjustment twice since installation (1st time after a 10K tour, and the second time just before a 6K tour).  I ordered from Tutoro and they delivered without issues.  I ended up using the Scottoiler dispenser plate (where the oil is delivered onto the chain) as I preferred the way it attached and held the tip in place.  Refilling the reservoir is very easy (a friend of mine has a Scottoiler, and refilling his is much more involved). I've been using the Scottoiler oil, as it's been easier for me to get, and it's been working fine.  My chain and sprockets are still looking good so I'm happy with how it's been doing.  I like how simple the system is and it just works.  The dial adjustment isn't hard to use and I've rarely had to play with it after the initial dial-in (just occasionally if the temperature changes significantly).   
Overall I'm happy with it and recommend it.

Archived