(SOLVED) Vibrations after 8,000 kms maintenance

alquimista

Change the front sprocket out for an aftermarket one w/o the rubber noise damping thingy...
I have still yet to do that! Got the sprocket but the Yamaha nut costs more than the sprocket...

I reused mine and put a dab of blue loctite...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kernowjim
I have still yet to do that! Got the sprocket but the Yamaha nut costs more than the sprocket...
I think I might do that - the notches can often be re-used on the nut too

Guest kernowjim
Does it really make that much of a difference?  My vibration is felt right through the bike when I go full throttle - like it's linked to the engine itself rather than the running gear.  A dampened sprocket should have the opposite effect of creating vibration surely?

Does it really make that much of a difference?  My vibration is felt right through the bike when I go full throttle - like it's linked to the engine itself rather than the running gear.  A dampened sprocket should have the opposite effect of creating vibration surely?
the vibrations went from a very bass like clunky rhythm to vibrations like an industrial electric motor... its just a noise damping thingy but im sure you will hear the chain more 
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Archived