Auto oiler tube routing?

tekwarren

Does anyone have some good pictures or video of where they routed their auto oiler tubing? I specifically am installing the Tutoro but any ideas would be helpful. I get the general idea but I keep second guessing my mock up routes. Maybe I'm being to anal I just want to hide it as best I can as well as make sure it is not going to get caught up in the chain or look tacking sticking out somewhere. I went as far as wrapping the tube in black nylon tape. Wrap job sucks but it will blend well with my all black bike...anyway, thanks in advance.

I've spent two evenings routing the tubing only to redo it several times. I end up not liking where it traverses the chain and/or where the tubing sits out visibly in general. There is a way to get it almost invisible and have it not cross the chain but it would be very close to or sitting on the muffler due to the slack needed so that is a no go. Need to try and wrap it up tonight hopefully. I'll takes some pics or a video once its done.

Well I finally routed the tubing and I think I am okay with it for now LOL. I went one turn open instead of the 1.5 or whatever is the starting suggestion...its a bit too much. I didn't test like it says it was too late last night for a short ride but I rode into work which is ~35 minute ride. I see some fling in places I haven't before so I will do a quick wipe down (if I remember) before I leave and turn the valve down to 3/4 or even a half turn. I also sent a picture of my nozzle placement, I had it on the sprocket tooth edge but wasn't sure about it as our sprockets have lip/indent. They suggested moving the nozzle up into the lip groove. I feel like it would be more protected there but wasn't sure if the oil would flow down to the chain as well... I will move it before I leave also.

Will still try and do a video to show my setup and post it later.

Well here is my video. It's more of the after install but not quite dialed in yet phase. Wow does my voice really sound that horrible lol. I shared it with Tutoro and they thought it was good enough to show on their Facebook page.

[video src=https://youtu.be/QauZdZoxEEc]

Tekwarren, nice video .... your voice sounds very calming not horrible at all   :)   .....  One thing though you mention that you travel dusty sandy roads, adding oil to your chain will make sand/dirt stick more and turn to paste, chain oilers are great on sealed roads not so good on dirt, bikes that are used off-road exclusively don't tend to use any lubricant, i have used chain wax which is slightly better at not attracting dirt, a compromise when travelling to areas that will have the roads you mention, not what you want to hear i know , the less lube the easier it is to clean the chain with a wipe down with Kerosene or WD40 after each ride.

As you live in an area with dirt roads, may be you know a better routine for dealing with chain maintenance, and everything i have written is of no use to you .... :D  .... If so your experience would be much appreciated, and by the way it would be a dream come true if i lived in a house with dirt roads outside my front door ..... more dirt = less traffic = more fun.     

Tekwarren, nice video .... your voice sounds very calming not horrible at all   :)   .....  One thing though you mention that you travel dusty sandy roads, adding oil to your chain will make sand/dirt stick more and turn to paste, chain oilers are great on sealed roads not so good on dirt, bikes that are used off-road exclusively don't tend to use any lubricant, i have used chain wax which is slightly better at not attracting dirt, a compromise when travelling to areas that will have the roads you mention, not what you want to hear i know , the less lube the easier it is to clean the chain with a wipe down with Kerosene or WD40 after each ride. 

As you live in an area with dirt roads, may be you know a better routine for dealing with chain maintenance, and everything i have written is of no use to you .... :D  .... If so your experience would be much appreciated, and by the way it would be a dream come true if i lived in a house with dirt roads outside my front door ..... more dirt = less traffic = more fun.     
Hah, thanks for the compliment! Good point on potentially being more of an issue. My dirt road traveling isn't all that far, maybe between 1/4 and 1/2 mile but no other way to pavement. It is quiet...sometimes. Unfortunately it also attracts a lot of disrespectful ATV traffic, even with TONS of trails around...anyway that's rant not needed here :)  
I'll have to watch my chain...I will anyway. I might have to keep it slightly "wetter" than I want to encourage some fling when gunk builds up. Unfortunately I haven't been riding much since the initial install so it still needs some tuning.

• 11 months later...
My summer holidays ended, so as promised I'm sharing my tutoro oiler mounting solution.

*dxf file can be found here ... http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=94141574136905352582

it's mounted on my bike for about 4000kms and I can say that tutoro oiler was one of the best things I ever bought for the bike.

few photos ...

nosilc2.png

nosilc1.png

20180803_172305.jpg

20180803_172313.jpg

20180803_164325.jpg

20180803_172349.jpg

20180814_202709.jpg

Honda CB600F Hornet 2008; KTM LC4 640 SM Prestige 2007; Kawasaki Z1000 2007; Honda CB1000R 2010; BMW R1200GS 2010; Yamaha Tracer 900GT 2018; Yamaha TDM900 2002; Kawasaki KLX230 2020; KTM 690 Enduro R 2022: Bold = current

Archived