higdonion super sliders

FJ29ER

Purchased these sliders to protect more from a fall over then a low side.

They are relatively straight forward to install if you know that their is a right and a left side. Took me a second to realize this after thinking they were wrong. The frame mounts are different depths and different widths from each other.

Took about an hr to install which was about 30 minutes longer then it should have due to some issues. One issue was on the left side, the mount kept hitting the frame before it bottomed out on the longer part that holds the slider. The hole that this sits in is about 1/4 in deeper then the other side but the pieces are made the same so there is no wiggle room for differences between bikes etc. The threads on the engine sat a little higher then the hole in the frame, and I could not move the engine for the life of me, without loosening up every mount bolt...So a little grinding was needed

20170913_173153.jpg

20170913_173202.jpg

20170913_174237.jpg

20170913_174243.jpg

This next picture is the right side. It sits out farther because the hole is shallower which means you have some wiggle room for differences.

20170913_174911.jpg

They had a lot of slag and weld splatter that I had to knock off and the holes that were drilled for the set screw for the slider were not cleaned up after drilling so the slider would not fit in. After a quick dremel hit the sliders fit in nicely. My main gripe was the holes were drilled on the same side of the left and right so on one side the hole faces up...and the other side it faces down. They should be drilled on opposite sides so they both face down. I had some black screws in my stash instead of the chrome self tappers so they blend in a little bit more.

20170913_174130.jpg

20170913_175519.jpg

My overall opinion is they are worth the $. I hope to never have to test them out but for now they work nicely as "highway" pegs..Just pop you heel in the triangle and cruise.It will work to mount some driving lights on as well(which was a big reason for choosing these) That one screw is bugging me so I will eventually get a small button head or pan head and make it less noticeable. And someday try to get the holes centered to get the left one to fit better.

20170914_092357.jpg20170914_092409.jpg

• Premium Member
Interesting, there must be a slight variance in these.  I ordered a set of these Dec 2016, and did not have the same issues.  Install was definitely tight, and I had to back the screws out a few times to get it to fit, but didn't have to pull out the grinder.  My screw holes faced down on each side also.

Interesting, there must be a slight variance in these.  I ordered a set of these Dec 2016, and did not have the same issues.  Install was definitely tight, and I had to back the screws out a few times to get it to fit, but didn't have to pull out the grinder.  My screw holes faced down on each side also.
PO mentioned the threads were a little shifted relative to the thru hole. It happens every so often for a variety of reasons. So the variance would be from thread location, not slider manufacturing. 

'15 FJ09

^What he said. I could not get the holes on the motor centered with the holes in the frame mounts. So that was more my bike but the burs and splatter from welding and the holes( holes being on opposite sides as well) were just details that were overlooked in manufacturing. 
They work perfect as cruising pegs though either with my heels in the triangle part or the back of my ankles resting on top.

• 1 year later...

Hi I recently installed these on my 2018 MT-09 they fit very snug almost like the 2mounting points slightly narrowed during construction. I got the mounting bolts to get started by hand with no cross threading but the rear mounting bolt gave a fair amount of resistance on both sides when screwing in. My question is since these mount bolts go directly into our blocks the snug narrow mounting won't cause any problems with stress on the block will it would hate to get the bike warm then things crack due to expansion?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated thanks.

Archived